Kurismember
13 posts

Posted:
First off, does anyone remember the tops that are on a string and you thrown them out to start them spinning on the ground? And second, anyone know where I could get info on them? I'm also kinda toying with the idea of setting one on fire... any suggestions, comments, or concerns lemme know.------------------Meteors Away!-Kuris

Meteors Away!-Kuris

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Are you thinking of gyroscopes? I had one when I was smaller and I think I got it from the local science musuem. I'm pretty sure you can pick one up from a Toy'r'us or similar kind of place.That is, that's if a gyroscope is what you're thinking about. Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding you...but even if I am, give thought to lighting one of those things on fire too. They spin forever, and it'd look wicked. smile

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
I find it funny how you non-chalantly say how if you can find one of these tops that you want to set it on fire.. HAHA.. its like saying.. I can't wait until I get something so that I can set it ablaze!! hehe.. anyway.. i thought it was funny. Good Top hunting! smileMATT------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

Orinmember
36 posts

Posted:
https://www.yoyoguy.com/tops/toycrafter?frameThat
would be the old wooden tops you speak of smileHowever to set one on fire...https://www.yoyoguy.com/featured/index.shtml?framePretty far down that page there's an aluminum top, I'm sure you could mount a wick in that, only problem would be making it gyroscopically stable..-Orin

Once I cut my hand, but the wound was not part of me.
Now I'm a man, there's a wound at the heart of me.

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
I agree with orin. Another problem might be getting it started. If it is burning, how are you gonna wrap it and then spin it? :O (am i talking about the same thing? I think i might be on a different wave length!!)------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

Kurismember
13 posts

Posted:
I was thinking kevlar cord and (assuming I had the ability to balance the wick) then setting it afire and tossing it.------------------Meteors Away!-Kuris

Meteors Away!-Kuris