melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
now that there's a poi moves and staff moves thread folder, how about a misc. toy moves folder also? there people could discuss some of the other fire toys (like fingers, fans, flags, nunchucks, etc...) and the various moves/techniques that can be explored. in way it might help to reduce the where to find/put this topic confusion. what are folks thoughts on this? do you think that there is enough interest in these moves to merit a new thread catagory or is it better to stick them in with the technical area? pretty much this is just an idea that i thought would be nice to throw out there for people to ponder.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I think it's a great idea. But for now it's probably all done in the Social Discussion folder.

PurplePanmember
7 posts

Posted:
I'm all for it. I think there's enough folks out there playing with misc. toys to warrant a new category. Maybe a new "misc." category for the video competition too?

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
sounds great and i'm all for the misc section in the video comp, being an avid devil sticker, but how would they judge it?

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Sounds interesting, as long as it doesn't incite people to try out crazy new dangerous things and then hurt or kill themselves...(Sorry to be party pooper, but I thought this needed to be said) frown------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I think Melissa is talking about Fire fingers, fans, meteors... etc. Not like Phuzz's "Psyco satan poi of suicidal death" shocked Kinudin

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
i was basically thinking a folder (like the poi moves/staff moves folder) for some of the other toys that are used by folks that are not as common but still manage to be the topic of a number of threads. ya i was thinking of it as an easy way to find move discussions on things like fans, metors, etc... i guess that if enough people were into the satan poi of death it would be good to put in there too. wink

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I don't think a new forum will encourage folks to start trying out dangerous things Charles.We haven't had a misc toys section before and yet adamrice and Dangerboy (amongst others) still managed to come up with a deluge of potentially lethal ideas....And lived.....Just because there's a new discussion board it doesn't necessarily follow that folks will start trying to outdo each other.

Meh

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Not me, Cantus! You must be thinking of someone else. I'm very keen on safety. If I've come across as a risk-seeker, then I must not be expressing myself clearly.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy