Forums > Technical Discussion > Need to find Poi stores in NY

Login/Join to Participate

Dicemember
4 posts

Posted:
I need some help I really don't like to buy stuff off of the internet, but here's my problem. I need to by some of the poi sets (chains and such) but I can't find any where to buy them in New York. If someone knows please reply.ThanxDice cool--------------------You might think you know who we are. But we KNOW who you are!

--You might think you know who we are. But we KNOW who you are!

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
dube juggling in manhattan has themhttps://www.dube.com for where they are...probably somewhat cheaper to buy wick from them and make your own though. renegade juggling IMO has better wick, its thicker and you dont need as much to make a good size castle weave poi wick, however you would have to order it from https://www.renegadejuggling.com
since they are in california. havn't tried home of poi wick yet...Pere

Dicemember
4 posts

Posted:
Thanx for the info ... I'm gonna try to get to the city to go to Dube this week.Dice cool--------------------You might think you know who we are. But we KNOW who you are!

--You might think you know who we are. But we KNOW who you are!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Dube is pricey but well made stuff. Except I don't really like their fire poi. If you're insistant on buying in person, it's probably the only place in NYC.The store's about the size of my kitchen but fun to play in with all of the crazy juggling stuff. It is a good place to buy (overpriced) kevlar in the city though. At least stop by to see what exists...Enjoy.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Yeah, Dube was fun to visit, but not a huge range of poi. They'll knock up custom length wire for you as well.I found their wire pretty stiff, I prefer my wire a little more flexible, but dube's wire doesn't kink easily. The leather handles are pretty stiff as well to begin with, took some working in. I prefer softer leather for my delicate little hands winkI've been ordering off the internet for a few years now, from several different countries, and never had a problem as I tend to pick places I've heard good things about. Malcolm ain't run off with my credit card details yet wink[This message has been edited by -Dom- (edited 30 January 2002).]