Forums > Social Chat > Quick Question for Pele....

Login/Join to Participate

Ignitusmember
1 post

Posted:
I say a pic of you recently... with your tongue on fire... VERY cool... or hot... :P I was just wondering, how on earth did ya do that!? If ya don't mind telling of course. smile I've lit my hand on fire... after a few seconds... it got too hot and I had to put it out... how could you do that to your tongue?-Ignitus

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Ignitus, there are two ways of doing that and they are both fairly stupid, and I have been burned from both.First one is lick a torch. shocked Yup. I am not kidding. Get a torch unlit that is nice and filled with Kero...rub it over your tongue so that the excess Kero deposits itself on your tongue and then you touch a lit torch to your tongue and light the kero up. Yum and fun, let me tell you.The other is a cotton ball soaked with lamp oil, lit with a lighter or lamp or whatever and put on my tongue. I hold it there by curling my tongue up at the end. Sometimes it rolls off but I catch it and pop it back in my mouth. This puts out a large flame and burns longer than straight on my tongue but let me tell you, careful that your lips are moist enough and don't inhale through your nose! I've done it for the effect which is amazing but if you aren't careful you wil be smelling singed nosehair forever! You can also pull this in your mouth, retain it and then stick your tongue back out too. It doesn't always work though, sometimes it smothers too quickly.It's just a couple of many in my repetoire of fire eating stunts.How could I do that to my tongue? I dunno but I am used to the taste. Why do I do trailing or fire breathing or wraps where I have the potential to get burned? Because I love what I do! grinThe tag line to my Ren show is "Real Fire, Real Flesh and Real Stupid"...a tag line I fully embody winkHope this helps------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK