tri_hardermember
9 posts

Posted:
Can any one give me some information on firewater...? as seen on juggleart.com web shop.Has any one used, or know how good this stuff is, and is it available in the UK?CheersMatt

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Don't know if it's available in the UK, but I use it in Oz, as do a few people on this board. That and lamp oil are my 2 favourite poi/staff fuels - not as smelly as kero, and I reckon they burn brighter.ade

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
FireWater is the same thing as Pegasol is the same thing as K-Sol is the same thing as Shellsol-T is the same thing as PireWater. Fire/Pire water is just a bit more expensive because they have to take it out of the container they buy it in and put it into their smaller 'brand named' bottles. Don't tell anyone I told you though ... some people get a touch testy when people talk about their 'FireWater's and such.Ðraevonof Incendiumwww.incendium.org.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
Firewater sold from JuggleArt (yes the original naming of Firewater) is not the same thing as Pegasol or Shellsol-T.Pirewater, however, is Pegasol or Shellsol-T packaged and renamed etc etc as Draevon explains so well below. Original Firewater can only be purchased from JuggleArt. There was a big skerfuful about certain other store owners using the name Firewater for fuel and breaching copyright or something. They aren't allowed to do it. (But I think they still do) In short, if you see Firewater being sold anywhere other than JuggleArt then its not Firewater. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Juggleart has any other licensed suppliers of their fuel/goods unless its Mitre10 up here. (And there's only one). Their bottles of Firewater have JuggleArt written on them anyway.Before buying Firewater I would suggest phoning JuggleArt to see if its *real* Firewater and that you are getting what you pay for.But I have noticed the touchyness of some "Pire/firewater" users as well.... what is with that? Solvents are bad for the brain?

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

onewheeledweirdomember
35 posts

Posted:
Shellsol T is NOT the same as fire water or pegasol it is an industrial strength solvent... you can imagine how good this is for your insides....

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
*giggles*I live a short drive away from Juggleart, so i go thru a stack of firewater a year - often bought at the last minute!It's not the cheapest, but it IS the best value. No i don't work there, i just fuken swear by it.Why? because from my experience with it:The yum factor! It really _does_ smell nice. sweet, not acrid at all, pleasant like baked sweet potatos. esp if you do low tricks like leg passes, then it makes a huge difference.It burns heaps brighter and cleaner than other cheaper stuph. little smoke comes of it, so a massive clean flame opens up possibilities for daytime fire. If ppl are interested I can post an .mpg of a day performance I had yesterday with 8" double poi.Lastly it's high flashpoint so she's harder to get angry and explode on you unlike my ex!*walks into corner and remains quiet*------------------"It takes a very special woman.... or several average ones"- Bill Hicks on the strain of stand up comedy

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
two thumbs up for firewater from juggleart from this little fire chick.love the stuff. won't let my toys be dunked in anything else as a matter of fact. clean burning, light smelling and a pleasure to work with. We buy 25litres at a time and it actually works out very cost effective.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I probably wouldn't go as far to compare it with delicious mouthwatering droolworthy lipsmacking tonguedissolving sweet potatoes ... to me that's going a leeeeetle bit too far smile

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Ok then ... the following is a list of equivalent chemical solvents, manufactured by different companies:Shellsol T - Shell ChemicalsK Sol - Shell GenericPegasol 3440 - MobilIsopar G - ExxonSolvent 11 - BPThese are all exactly the same, they are all solvents and they are all dangerous, as is every fuel you could use for fire breathing.JuggleArt does not manufacture their FireWater, nor is it specifacally manufactured for them ... it is a repackaged solvent. Have a think about why there is so little information on the packaging about what the fuel actually is or where is it made.The reason people don't talk to you about their FireWater's and such is because you could quite easily go out and buy the exact same thing for considerably cheaper if they told you where they got it.Ðraevonof Incendiumwww.incendium.org.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
By odd coincedence, I was reading an e-mail today from a mate in Melbourne. He's come across a fuel that is most likely 'JuggleArt firewater' and that it was of course cheaper than forking out for the 'Firewater' name. And I'm tempted to agree - his description fits with my experience of Firewater perfectly, although God knows how many chemical derivatives there are of this particular one. Which is a good thing I suppose - I've never actually bought Firewater myself, it has always been given to me and left at my house smile I tried ages ago to have a discussion about MSDS etc with a couple of people I know of that sell a relabelled "Firewater" and received nothing but paling faces and one-worded sentences spoken abruptly and irritably. Yet I wonder if JuggleArt would oblige... Draevon .. I was not aware that Lamp Oil was a solvent... are you sure? Bio-diesel as well? I'm half certain, that perhaps about 4 years ago now, JuggleArt sold a different kind of Firewater (e.g. it was 234892634x more natural than the stuff they sell now). Or perhaps it was another company... unfortunately they had to stop selling it but I think I'll try and track it down.

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
I haven't said anything about Lamp Oil Mr Splat ... all of the fuels I listed were solvents. What I meant was that all fire breathing fuels are dangerous ... not that all fire breathing fuels are solvents.Ðraevon.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
"ahhhhhhhhhh". The net is of course, as good for miscommunication as any.That's also "Miss" splat to you smile

J4Playmember
24 posts

Posted:
How much is the 25 litres of Firewater? I pay about $53 for the 20 litres of Shellsol T.

lailaluxSILVER Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
hey i live in the uk & recently came across a fire arts stall at a music festival. they recommended fire wter for all fire arts including breathing. apparently its alot nicer than parafin. can anyone tell me where i can get fire water i the uk? i tried fireart.com but hey wont ship out of the AU frown frown frown

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I think it'd be different stuff... The stuff called firewater here, I'm not thinking would be able to be used for breathing... I daresay it wouldn't light. But I'm not a breather, so I'm not 100% on that.

hug

fearless1BRONZE Member
stranger
18 posts

Posted:
i use Shellsol D60 and i'l tell ya... it burns alot better then firewater from juggleart.. they have the monapoly so of course they are not going to tell u .. i asked for a MSDS and they blanked out where they brought it from... smart... but the stuff i use smells like firewater.. i got it from oil chem in epping cost me 62 bucks for 20 litres..

spin like your free..

fearless1BRONZE Member
stranger
18 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: lailaluxhey i live in the uk & recently came across a fire arts stall at a music festival. they recommended fire wter for all fire arts including breathing. apparently its alot nicer than parafin. can anyone tell me where i can get fire water i the uk? i tried fireart.com but hey wont ship out of the AU frown frown frown

hey dude i checked it out for u.. have a look at this site and type in firewater in the search site.. i checked it out for u..https://www.firetoys.co.uk

spin like your free..

MRCSILVER Member
Funky Blessings Daily
215 posts

Posted:
As a breather I can not recommend the use of anything but the purest available paraffin, and that is still dangerous.

As for wicks, I'm a fan of white gas, and Klean Heat. Kleen heat isn't as bright, doesn't transfer as well, doesn't light as easily, but it is low on soot and fumes. Before this my only knowledge of "firewater" is booze. So to me the whole naming thing is misleading.

lailaluxSILVER Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
hey as a breather...what would you recommend? since i wrote this post some one said to use 99% paraffin wax lamp ol. its odourless, smokeless & tastes better an its pretty pure. what do you think? x

MRCSILVER Member
Funky Blessings Daily
215 posts

Posted:
that's what I use. It'll still mess you up if you swallow any, but not nearly as bad. It isn't even so much a taste thing either so much as it just seems to coat the inside of your mouth with an oily feeling.

I really wouldn't use anything else. Paraffin has a nice yellow glow to it, so it makes for some deeply colored plumes, and I don't think you can beat it on safety.
EDITED_BY: MRC (1245621296)

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
it still has the potential to kill you when swallowed or inhaled... because it's clean doesn't make it less mean... wink

the "coating inside your mouth" should be made of (olive) oil or (at least) milk (of either you should drink a good sip prior to firebreathing - spare me the "oil is so gross to drink")

stay safe with firebreathing - stay alive smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
I dont do fire breathing, but i do know a few things about fuels. One thing to watch out for is these 'clean' fuels.
Just because it looks cleaner and burns with less smoke doesnt mean it is actually cleaner. Lots of the 'cleaner' fuels (like lamp oil) have got a load of extra chemicals added to them to make them burn with less smoke.

Like someone already said, try shelsol, its a higher crack of paraffin (more refined) and so is more pure. Its all i will use for spinning these days as i find i can do a gig and not feel sick after a 45 minute set, the smell is much better. You can buy shelsol from various companies, just google it. However we found that you need to be a registered business to buy it and the company we get ours from only sells them in 200 litre drums for about £400. Thats ok for us as we will go through that in about 2 months of gigs but may be a little out of the average back yard spinners budget. Look around, you may well find somewhere that does smaller quantities.

"Don't do it naked!"

lachie_123petersGOLD Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
where can u buy fire water at and can u buy it in bulk?