Forums > Technical Discussion > Easy way to learn the weave!

Login/Join to Participate

Orin
Total posts: 36
Posted:Hey.. I was struggling with learning the weave for a while.. then I came across this site the other night.. watched how she did it.. practiced a bit and had the weave down fairly well in 5 minutes
Non-Https Image Link
http://www.calefaction.org/teach/weave.htmlHope it helps some people.-Orin

Once I cut my hand, but the wound was not part of me.
Now I'm a man, there's a wound at the heart of me.

Delete Topic

protozoa
Total posts: 148
Posted:Yay! So glad we were able to help!
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
You just made my day!Love,Protie

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Total posts: 5688
Posted:oooo I like the stick thing! Good way to teach the weave. I usually go with the holding one are out technique from the "Art of Poi" video but the stick seems a good idea as it gets your arms doing the right thing straight away.Like it, Protie
Non-Https Image Link

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

spicychicken
Total posts: 19
Posted:Maybe i'll give that stick thing a shot cause I cant do a backwards weave. Well I kinda can, i do this thing now.. I guess it would be a 2 beat backwards weave?? I dunno..it's like one full circle [er, rotation?] on each side.

Delete

jonathan
enthusiast
Total posts: 210
Posted:id just like to POINT out that this perhaps should be in the poi moves section.....

Delete

audax
audax

freelance bum
Total posts: 286
Posted:I like it!I teach poi stuff every Monday night to new people so this will help hugely. I once met a guy who was doing martial arts who had been training with a stick doing just that move. He did the weave instantly, no practise with fire.I always thought staff would be usefull for something!

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

Delete

Hel
Total posts: 9
Posted:Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!I was having heaps of trouble trying to get the weave down last night to the point that my legs were all red from being hit all the time. Threw a couple of hissy fits and gave up for a while. Then I found this topic, followed the link and within 10 minutes I had it
Non-Https Image Link
My non-firey friends are probably totally confused now because I've just sent a heap of msgs out raving hysterically about how I finally got it *hehe*The really weird thing is that I tried to go back to doing the plain ol' figure 8 and it felt so odd, like it was only half a move... which I suppose it is in a way!
Non-Https Image Link
So anyway, thank you for posting the link and a big thank you to whoever created it
Non-Https Image Link
Hel

Delete

Orin
Total posts: 36
Posted:*points to protozoa*It was her
Non-Https Image Link
She did it ^_^-Orin

Once I cut my hand, but the wound was not part of me.
Now I'm a man, there's a wound at the heart of me.

Delete

Demonthesys
Total posts: 11
Posted:Wow, wish i saw that tut when i started poi...would of saved me lots of pain...hehe good tut, never thought of it that way

In order to create apple pie, you must first create the universe.

Delete

audax
audax

freelance bum
Total posts: 286
Posted:People all over West Aus now have the weave thanks to this piece of advice. I've taught at least 10 people now. One person I taught it to with only 3 weeks of twirling showed some one else with that method. Thank you

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

Delete

Midkiff
shadow stranger
Total posts: 462
Posted:bump for all ye who need this info

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Delete

Lye
Lye

Fate Keeps Telling Me To Stop

Total posts: 270
Posted:Bump might be useful if the link worked.

Delete

Midkiff
shadow stranger
Total posts: 462
Posted:i know unfortunately i didnt check before i bumped it frown i tried the website without the extension and it has a picture of a little girl frowning and it says no you cant have a pony

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Delete