Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
Just recently I've made two new toys and I'm feeling pretty good for myself. The first is a fire sword and sheath. My second toy is two fire clubs connected together at the end with a metre and a half of light cable, sort of like numchucks. My toys have probbably been done before but I made them myself without any info or help from others.

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I had heard of people making fire-swords but not a sheath for it too. That could be cool that as you pull the sword from its sheath, it somehow lights itself. Then when you put it back in the sheath, it is extinguished.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
anywere I can find out more about fire swords?

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
For methods of self-lighting on exit from sheath, look into the world of magic.There are many tricks that involve a self lighting mechanism - such as the flaming wand from jacket pocket or the flaming wallet/book type effects.Most of these tend to use the traditional flint/spark ignition found commonly in lighters that are rigged in such a way that as the wand is withdrawn or the wallet is opened the flywheel on the flint is turned.Only a few use the peizo 'electric' spark.unfortunately if you are usisng paraffin (i think you guys call it kero) it needs to be 'warm' for it to ignite from such a little spark cos of its low flashpoint. Most magicians use lighter fuel for this.Its only a pointer but i hope its in the right direction. Try experimenting with different methods. Im off to a magic shop in a few minutes so i will ask them for some advice for you if you like but cant promise anyhting cos you know what magicians are like! Gruff wink

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
Hi guys!Sorry, magic shop wasnt open so I couldnt badger them.Whats the point of havin a shop thats only open from tuesday to friday?? Us students do have other things to do during the week!!Any more thoughts on self lighting mech?Gruff

HitokageSILVER Member
70 posts

Posted:
Wow! I have been hoping to do the same thing (ignition on draw, extinguish when putting it back into the sheath) with swords for months now! I guess great minds think alike. smile Sorry for the lack of help, though, I was thinking of just using the standard flint/steel type ignition.------------------"Burning--the process of breaking things down into a simpler form." -Hitokage---FireStorm---(jimidawg@snet.net)

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever -Mahatma Ghandi

Burning--the process of breaking things down into a simpler form. -Hitokage-

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
It's because magicians have Alchohal Anonamous meetings on mondays.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
I have a friend into flash wallets and stuff... a flint like in a lighter would be the easiest thing. Probably attached to the top of the sheath?To make it light, use paraffin but spike it with a little with zippo fluid after and it should go up a treat.------------------"O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x