Forums > Technical Discussion > customising glo-staff.. any ideas?

Login/Join to Participate

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
My mum kindly bought me a glo-staff from the Home of Poi shop for Christmas. But I'm finding it too light and more difficult to use than the fire-staff I'm used to. Has anyone got any ideas of something I can put on the ends that'll make it a bit heavier - I've already decided to put handlebar-tape on the middle so it's easier to grip but would welcome any suggestionsCheers Sunbeam

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
if you go to https://www.dube.com
you can buy acrylic balls - just find a way to secure them so they don't fly off and you can put them on the ends, or buy wide enough ones you can drill a hole completely through that will go before the ends - they sell clear red blue whatever...------------------~ Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... ~

"The Q is talkin' to me!!!"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I quite like them (the staffs, not Psylentz's balls). I think they're weighted quite nicely. I have two grinBut that's just me I guess.I think you could probably put some coins or little lead weights in those rubber stoppers on the ends though if you wanted to. Haven't tried it but i think it's fairly feasable.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 07 January 2002).]

Meh

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Resin Apoxy would work basicly what it does is it fuses the two plastic pieces together. Hmm I would have to take a look at what you were planning on doing but if what it is, is what I get pictured in my head then, your talking about a staff with a flat end to it and a round ball... simply saw off a bit of the round ball (equal amounts for both sides) then just use the apoxy. You might try a hardware store/home improvement. I personally don't know of any international chains so I can not advise you as where to shop but hey your got my advise. It is yours to do with as you please.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Cheers for your help peopleI'll let you know it goesSunbeam ------------------Life in the circus ain't easy but the folks on the outside don't know yeah well the tent goes up and the tent goes down and all that they see is the show and the ladies on the horses look so pretty and the lions are looking real mad and some of the clowns are happy and some of the clowns are sad. Welcome to the freakshow.. here we go (Freakshow by Ani di Franco)

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny