Mikemember
9 posts

Posted:
I want to make some metal stilts and can find only wooden designs on the net. Does anyone know where I can find a design for them?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
One or two place spring to mind. you could try either: https://www.bearclawmfg.com
or www.incendium.org Both of these should be able to offer you information and/or build them for you if you so wish.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 05 January 2002).]

Meh

Tedwardmember
30 posts

Posted:
Hurm. Metal stilts, eh?Are you looking for straight leg or off the toe?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
"thanks Cantus!"Oh don't mention it mr Tedward. Anytime.....

Meh

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
I think Mr Cantus is a smashing promoter ... his tireless work earns me a tidy basket full of hits each day.I know very little about stilts.Ðraevonof Incendiumwww.incendium.org

Charlymember
68 posts

Posted:
At this very moment, a member of my troupe is finishing his aluminum stilts with our metal-working friend.The stilt legs are changeable via screw threads, so he can make his stilts taller or shorter as needed. At current, the pegs are 4' (48") tall.The footplate is welded onto the peg... and the leg support is based on a walking-cast design with velcro threading through the metal form. The footplate is custom cut and measured to his foot.They weigh about the same as our wood stilts, maybe a tiny bit more. But they're more durable... this fellow does running jumps and kicks on his stilts, and managed to break a pair of wood ones last year. He designed them himself, though, with a very experienced metal worker. No online or other written plans out there, unfortunately. Perhaps we'll post some technical pics of them on our webpage when they're all done. They still have to be heat-treated, which apparently takes a few days...Good luck!Charlywww.cabiri.org

Tedwardmember
30 posts

Posted:
I think that might've been on of the posts eaten by the borg...
Thanks Cantus....