Forums > Social Chat > I should really learn to read.

Login/Join to Participate

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I just did a search for yahoo poi groups and joined the first one that the search came up with.After I'd joined, I started reading some of the posts and realised that by mistake, I'd joined P.O.I, People with Otter Interests shockedYou can probably imagine the look of horror on my face when I realised what I'd done.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
loljust for fun, you could have also ended ... there...https://www.thepoicompany.com/whatispoi1.htmlwelcome back "home" then !shine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
Whoa scary!

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Pounded taro root. Ghghghllichc (that is exactly the sound that eating poi induces in me). Notice all the positive-sounding adjectives they use on that "what is poi" page to try to convince you that it is something other than icky slime?

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

4,224 posts

Posted:
I love the picture of the guy too. Poor sweet man who probably had to eat this thing over and over until the picture is perfectyak !lolshine oncassandra

4,224 posts

Posted:
oh, and allow me to quote that hilarious bit :Thanks to the creative innovations of The Poi Company, you can now have your poi in Poi English Muffins, Poi Bagels, Poi Biscotti, Poi Lavosh, Poi Salad Dressing, Poi Cheesecake, even Poi Ice Cream. Dare we say … the poi-ssibilities are endless. YAMI !!!shine onCass

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
"SAVE THE PLANET & FIND ENLIGHTENMENT (the unexpected side benefits of buying and eating poi…)" ... "Be happy. Eat poi."If Malcolm put that on the front page he might sell more stuff!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Just a thought, but i don't think i should eat my poi, the've been soaking in kero for the past 2 days, and i don't think the taste would be "enlightening"fire pretty

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
cassandraThat quote was like the part in "Forrest Gump" when Bubba is telling Forrest of the possibilities of shrimps!!!! lolpeace love and poi

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
fried poiboiled poipoi kabobsauteed poipoi on a sticksimmered poibbq poibaked poiintraveinous poihashed poipoi overeasysliced poimilky poipoi popscilesfermented poicream of poipoi flambeessence of poichopped poimashed poiwhipped poicondensed poipopped poiroasted poi and everyones favorite..raw unceasoned poi. sticks to ya bones.Super'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i wonder if anyone looking for poi the food accidently stumbles into our site.makes you go hhhmmmmm....."S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

- Mark Twain

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
I enjoyed the post by the fella a while back who joined the board as a "Site for Swingers". Wonder how many people have made that mistake?

Fear the evil monkey!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
how about poi steaks? beef, soaked in veggie oil and lit on fire. Twirl on chains till flame extinguishes and salt to taste... "tastes just like chicken" LOL

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
Got Poi?right now i am living in hawaii and that stuff is everywhere! (the taro paste, not the flaming type) it used to be the equivelent to bread or rice for the hawaiians. right now i am taking a hawaiian ethnobotany class and one of the assignments was to make poi! you basically cook down taro and then pound it out till it smooth. the finnished product is a sticky grey purple paste that tastes like a cross between wheat paste and artichoke hearts. it is an aquired taste but can be quite filling. a couple of people here have bumper stickers that say "got poi?" man i want one of those! smile

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Melissa, if you find one of those stickers snag one for me and I will pay you back!Poi food = icky. I never aquired a taste for it. Awhile back Simos (I miss him frown) found a funny site on the poi food too, thinking it to be about the swinging kind.AND...for that swinging issue...there have been a few. I get a couple emails every now and then...it is interesting to say the least. I send them over to the iniquity bb and tell them I am taken by whipping boy but only because Cherry beat me to Malcolm! winkI do wonder how man converts there have been though over the past year or so...>>Pele looks around scratching her chin, wondering about the other HoPpers< grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Flirtatious?? you were the one that wanted me to see your tits..er i mean pics... hee hee grin grinmy wife knows im a flirt. its the extremely perverted side of my personality. Im just acting normal, it is mistaken for flirting. But you liked it...Super'------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

- Mark Twain