Page: 12
Cassandra
Cassandra

Froggie ... Ribbit !!!
Total posts: 4224
Posted:What is the sound of one hand clapping ?Once you reach the highest point in a montain, what do you do ?if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it still produce a sound ?Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Delete Topic

Myst
addict
Total posts: 439
Posted:1) bart simpson answered that2)!!!JUMP!!!3)the world may never knowEric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

Delete

Pele
Pele

the henna lady
Total posts: 6193
Posted:1) It sounds like a few of my audiences (some have been stupified into silence, some have been just stupid)2) In my case, **roll** back down3) I woud say yeah. A man bitching at me still makes a sound even though I pay no attention so why wouldn't the tree?
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...http://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete

Endangered Sanity
Total posts: 164
Posted:Anyone ever though of putting a sound recorder in the forest when the tree falls? Technically, nobody would the "there" to here it would they? They would be somewhere else when they were hearing it.
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Posted:Errm, I think your somewhat mocking the point...Three bails of flax

Delete

shizN0T
Total posts: 184
Posted:Its not sound until we hear it.
Non-Https Image Link

I smell something burning.

Delete

adamrice
adamrice

poo-bah
Total posts: 1015
Posted:Mooooooooooooo.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Delete

emthren
Total posts: 57
Posted:There is a Zen Story about a student who asked a Master to explain the meaning of Buddhism. The Master's reply was "Three pounds of flax."That is just illustrative though. The answer to your questions is FIVE TONS OF FLAX!

Delete

sandman
Total posts: 65
Posted:If you smack yourself in the nads with beaming poi, and no-one is around to see it, do you still look like an idiot?

Delete

Xochidance
Total posts: 18
Posted:... a dry shit stick ...

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Total posts: 5688
Posted:1) "CL.."2)Wake up screaming3)Depends on if it landed on an animal...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

jedimastah
Total posts: 97
Posted:Here is a good question. Does a one legged duck swim in circles? If it stands for progress, why is it called congress? What happenes when an unstopable force meets an immoveable object?Oh and by the way weather or not someone is there to hear the tree falling, it does make a noise. Just because we did not hear it does not mean it did not make a noise. Would you actually believe that a 200 foot tall tree fell silently in the night?;)

Delete

Superman
Superman

Total posts: 829
Posted:1) most guys know what that sounds like...2) throw my Mother in law off of it3) it only makes a sound if a wet dog played hopscoth with the bananna's aunt's cousin's brother while the eternal eqinox was in its third stage during the 2nd full moon of my colon...
Non-Https Image Link
WHY DO THEY CALL THEM APARTMENTS WHEN THEY ARE ALL STUCK TOGETHER??Super'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Delete

MystikDancer
Total posts: 118
Posted:(ex was a soundman, so I get sound speeches all the time.)Sound is always there. The tree makes a vibration, and this vibratuion is sound. whether we're there or not is irrelevant(sp).vibrations will cause sounds, always.hehe

Delete

Sabine
Total posts: 29
Posted:If the tree falls and hits a mime, does anyone care?

Delete

Pele
Pele

the henna lady
Posted:Jedimastah.....It bobs up and down more than usual.Who said they stand for progress?An explosion.Super...townhouses? Condo's? Lego's?Why do you drive on a Parkway and park on a Driveway?Why is it called a "love" seat when there isn't enough room for the lovin'?
Non-Https Image Link
------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...http://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

Delete

NYC
NYC

NYC
Total posts: 9232
Posted:Eskimo.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

flash fire
flash fire

Sporadically Prodigal
Total posts: 2758
Posted:If a man says something in the woods, and there is no woman around to hear it, is he still wrong?(or something like that)

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Delete

Pele
Pele

the henna lady
Posted:Why is it if you transport something by car it is called a shipment but if you send something by boat it is called cargo?If you take an asian person and spin them around are they disoriented?If people from Poland are called Poles what are people from Holland called?(courtesy of whipping boy)

Pele

Delete

bhawk
Total posts: 48
Posted:1) I actually know people that can clap with one hand.2) I think to myself"why the hell Im up there"3) ...too lazy to think about this one...
Non-Https Image Link
Heres something to think about:If toast always falls jelly-side down, and cats alway land on their feet, then if you spread jelly on a cat's back and drop it, will it float??[This message has been edited by bhawk (edited 27 September 2001).]

Delete

Katinca
Katinca

See my vest.... see my vest...
Total posts: 693
Posted:Whenever Americans talk about Jelly, I as an Aussie think of what you call Jello.Over here we call it Jam, Strawberry Jam, Raspberry Jam etc..But as a child I was unaware of this and on Sesame Street for many years I thought you guys seriously ate Peanut butter and Jello sandwiches. Sorry.....just a side note.....------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Delete

jedimastah
Total posts: 97
Posted:Actually Pele, That is an impossible situation. It is like two men being taller than eachother. He He it was a trick question.

Delete

Cassandra
Cassandra

Froggie ... Ribbit !!!
Total posts: 4224
Posted:wow !look at all these answers that came while i was sleeping at home like a baby (well, like a drunk baby cause I had a long dinner, but still ) ... lolFirst of all, Sabine, I love your question, definitely most poetic one !!!!Flash, as always, your ironical feminist humour makes me burst out laughing... But it is a relevant question.. my answer would be "most probably still wrong, but at least it would be relaxing for us women..."Katinca... eeer, until now, I was still not making the difference between US jelly and jello... mmm...Bhawk, too bad I am allergic to cats otherwise, I'd give that one a try cause it should be visually interesting
Non-Https Image Link
And by the way, just in case you wonder, the traditionnaly accepted answer to the mountain question :Once you reach the highest point in a montain, what do you do ?coninue climbing...I actually love that one...climb onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Delete

hexonlegs
Total posts: 12
Posted:I don't know if the tree make a sound or not but it does make a lovely sideboard and dinning suite! As to the mountain? Enjoy the view, you,ve earned it!

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Total posts: 10530
Posted:ubbrollsmile

I was going to start a thread on how many koans every one konw... but i did a search like a good little boy, and I found this...

so, list any koans you know, and any stories of enlightenement.

this is a favourite of mine ubbrollsmile

"anzen and Ekido were once travelling together down a muddy road. A heavy rain was still falling.

Coming around the bend, they met a lovely girl in a silk kimono and sash, unable to cross the intersection.

"Come on girl", said Tanzen at once. Lifting her in his arms, he carried her over the mud.

Ekido did not speak again until that night when they reached a lodging temple. Then he no longer could restrain himself. "We monks don't go near females," he told Tanzen, "especially not young and lovely ones. It is dangerous. Why did you do that?"

"I left the girl there," said Tanzen. "Are you still carrying her?"

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

ROBZILLA
ROBZILLA

HAIL TO THE KING BABY
Total posts: 204
Posted:THIS IS POO...

i'm still at work!!!

I DO NOT REGRET THE THINGS I HAVE DONE, ONLY THOSE I DID NOT DO.

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Posted:i dont finish school till 9.00 pm frown

Can you keep any thread on topic? tongue

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

ROBZILLA
ROBZILLA

HAIL TO THE KING BABY
Posted:probably not! biggrin

only 30mins to go!!

whats a koan? confused

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Posted:its a saying which challenges the habitual and rational thought processes of the mind.

basically, its something in bhuddism to get a person thinking about stuff, or to give them a clear mind for meditation...

What? Whos a hippy? Me?.. oh... yes i am biggrin

Delete

ROBZILLA
ROBZILLA

HAIL TO THE KING BABY
Posted:sounds good!

i could do with a bit of clarity in this place!! i'm actually using my backup brain as the primary unit shut down hours ago from boredom!

Delete

Vixen
Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3276
Posted:Yay these videos are good!!! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Delete

Page: 12