Forums > Technical Discussion > do you have any ideas about.....................

Login/Join to Participate

DIANNAmember
55 posts

Posted:
do you have any ideas on how to make new toys like poi , i started with 2 tinniss balls and just like want to have a cool thing to show off (i'm 13 i get a lot of weird coments when swinging this stuff!!) i have a set fo the poi with tails behind them.(zuni) so that does get a lot of attion but i was just wondering if any of you guys know any thing else! so if you wanna drop me a line e-mail me at idky456456@aol.com------------------

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Try, perhapse, lighting them on fire......------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

DIANNAmember
55 posts

Posted:
I DON'T THINK I'M THAT GOOD !!!! YET !!!!!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Stop shouting!!! Don't write in capitals. It's very impolite.

Meh

PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
i believe someone mentioned cats once... holding by their tails...but anyway - my thing to spin is glowsticks, led lights (photons are the BEST) and you know those plastic balls that they have for kids in the big pit - like a pool of plastic balls you can jump in? those wrapped up in shirt sleeves or cloth------------------~ Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... ~

"The Q is talkin' to me!!!"

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Glow sticks definatly most fun I have had on this whole nasty deployment is learning how to spin glowsticks

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
can you stop telling people how to behave on this board cantussle? or are you trying to gain favour with the master. maybe you'll soon be a moderator, i hope for your sake the master has noticed your fine work of late. you'll have my vote you bossy little b....

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
quote:
Keep posts simple and easy to read. Try not to use simplified English ( eg Nice 2 C U). Do not use all caps ( eg MY SUBJECT IS …). Smilies are nice but try not to overuse them.
I think what Cantus said was perfectly reasonable, considering it's stated in the rules before you post. Unfortunately some people have seem to skim through this part without reading it.

DIANNAmember
55 posts

Posted:
Sorry to type in all caps and sorry to innirupt but can we stay on the subject!!??!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

dont wiggle dont workmember
8 posts

Posted:
if you dont want to use fire or glow sticks, i saw someone cover their tennis balls with fur and have fethers for the tail. it looked really cool. (just make sure the fethers are stuck on well!)------------------Awesome. o wow. like totally freak me out. i mean right on. torros sure r number 1

DIANNAmember
55 posts

Posted:
i do use glow stiks all the time but thanks for that fether idea!

DIANNAmember
55 posts

Posted:
i have also found neon string handy!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well Daniel, there never seems to be any moderators about these days so someone has to do some policing wink tongue grinThat and it's my birthday soon and I'm trying to act like a grown up as befits my approaching age....That's the excuse I'm using today anyhoo.Oh sorry Dianna I drifted off topic there defending myself.Your local hardware store sounds way cooler than mine BTW. We don't have neon anything in ours. Let alone neon string. And it's supposed to be a superstore.

Meh

DIANNAmember
55 posts

Posted:
yea i guess but i think you can buy it in the hardwere section at wally mart! lol grin

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Awesome, hey wow, like totally freak me out I mean right on! The Toros sure are number one!I think you'll find, d.w.d.w smile gotta love that movie!gotta love eliza dushku...------------------"O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
An idea that i used: using tennis balls on my poi, i covered them in this liquid glow in the dark glue that i got from a craft shop. Before i use them, i shine a strong light on them (to kinda charge them) and then go for it. They glow like mad!! Really kool effect!!PEace out------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
this mod is back smilethanks for holding the fort cantus.------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
*dashes over and hugs Flash then, following a quick look around for lurking boyfriends, smothers her with kisses*Welcome back Honey. I've missed you! grin------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Thanks for your advice Dianna but i live in a different country and we don't have Wall Mart.I'm sure I can find UV thread though. I can find UV reactive everything else. Most of my house is UV reactive since the paint fell off my practice staffs...... grin grin

Meh

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Try making some meteors, (poi which are attached with just one string).Hours and hpours of skull cracking fun...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?