Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I am well rather new at the glowstick version of poi. Now I see some of the moves yall are doing on the lessons part of the page and from what I see it looks almost like you are... well moving your arms more than spinning the poi, take 'chaising the sun' for example it looks like she is moving her arms and when the poi goes behind her back they just seem to keep momentum is she spinning them or is it how it seems? (hopfully this made some sence)

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Consider yourself humored.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I always thought humouring would be funnier than that....

Meh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Ahh, but such is life.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I thought it was funny

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
ME TOO.

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
hehehe ahem. not funny at all.
Non-Https Image Link

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
hey cained and unable is still alive!! Did you have a good nap? You were gone a long time. I thought you'd got lost.BTW Durbs. Parcel soon to be despatched. Sorry for the delay. Had things to sort out.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 01 January 2002).]

Meh

2,905 posts

Posted:
Ask a stupid question...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I can't think of a genuinely stupid one at the moment. I'll get back to you...

Meh

PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
it's all in the wrist dude------------------~ Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... ~

"The Q is talkin' to me!!!"

2,905 posts

Posted:
HOLY SHIZNIT a real responce!!! winkThanks Psylentz

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oh, you wanted a serious answer. You should've said.I would have to say momentum comes into play. But you do need to move your hands....

Meh

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
*sigh* what is the world coming to if people get an answer on the first page of their thread?Cantus - Cheers m'dears, I've put the cheque in today.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
on topic answer: "moving your arms more than spinning the poi"Not sure I know exactly what you mean, but the actualy momentum of keeping poi spinning is in the wrist where slight movement helps keep the momentum. Arm movements are used for positioning and directional changes.And there's no glowstick version of poi, it's all poi!

2,905 posts

Posted:
Dom I am sorry it seams that I offended you with my thinking that there was a differance between using fire and glow sticks. No joke I don't like making ppl angry or offending them. Any how... thank you all for your comments even the replys at my own expence it's all fun and games untill the poi hits ya in the sack then its just fun!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
No worries, I took no offense (should have used a smiley!). If I do ever take offense you'll know good and proper! However I don't think people who are easily offended or upset last that long on this board!

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
dearest mr phule (with a ph not a f just like me)no offence was intended my my laughter as it was not your original post i found funny(I know nothing about pio) but the proceding comments that amused me. i hope we didnt scare you away!no hard ones? (feelings that is....)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Another on topic answer:Both...Some people will move their wrists more, some less... I'm starting to try and move them less at points. It gives a different look...Sometimes keeping them still looks better, sometimes moving the wrists to get them to go faster looks better... try playing with it...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

2,905 posts

Posted:
NYC thank you for your idea, I am going to have to try that later on today.No Phuzz it'll take alot more to than words to scare me away, I can see how the title of my post could make someone make some humorus comments on my behalf. All is good on my end.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
On Topic...Raymond...actually it is a very cool thing to learn...move as little of your body as possible to make the moves tight and close to you. Move your wrists for more flow and looseness. Adjust the move to incorporate your entire arm and shoulder and you have made it invariably larger, giving more depth to your spinning. A large weave (with arms wide open and extended) looks very different from one where your wrists are touching and barely moving....and this is the case with all moves. Experiment with it.Also, in rhythmic moves like the butterfly, with a body bounce you can keep the motion and momentum of the poi without moving you arms at all...it is all in how you work the body babe! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 03 January 2002).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Off topic....-Dom-, not strictly true. I'm quite easily offended and I've been here for ages.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I keep wanting to reply to the topic heading rather than the subject on several threads. Like Pele's what do you shy away from thread. Oh the comic possiblities.....But I'm being a grown up now....although Neph tells me it's just the moon....Sorry, was there a topic?

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Hmmm I am the same with that "the ends of my staff" thread grin------------------Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

2,905 posts

Posted:
Well ladies and gents humor most definatly is a gift from God... so use it. And if you can answer questions at the same time, more power to ya.

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
Truth is that every move is done in a unique way, and each person has his own style when doing a move. So basically whether you do it with mostly wrist, mostly body movement, or arm movement depends on the move and the way you wish to do it.Take the weave for example... YOu can keep your arms completely seperate while doing it. If you do this its mostly your arms moving. But if you stick your hands together its all in your wrist movement. Both are cool, but they are done different.Some moves however can only be done in one way, just got to practice and learn.------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.