Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Has anyone (UK) been into Oddballs and seen the swinging clubs with the hook/sheath glowstick attachment?you have the staff with a little hook on each end=======nand then a sort of a clear plastic tube, fitting tighly around each end of the staff.. so when you hook the hook over the top of the glowstick, then pull the tube up over it it keeps it rigidly outward and unable to unhook itself.Basically if you had a staff with one on each end, it would look nice and be a cheap, easy to make alternative to those £200 jobbies... plus it wouldn't use up any batteries, just glowsticks. And you could change the colours, reuse the glowsticks...------------------"O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Or you can buy a really good glowstaff for a mere £30 from the HOP shop.You have to be patient and wait in line but it's well worth the wait
Non-Https Image Link
------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Yeah but1) you can make this any length2) it can be thinner.. the hop one is too thich for lots of people3) the ones from the shop only look good when it's really quite dark4) no batteries, just glowsticks5) you can change colours to match your outfit (seriously, it's an important consideration, and not just to me, I'm sure)6) Why doesn't Malcolm make these? It would be easier than the glowstaffs due to the fact there are no LED's to be different brightnesses and stuff?7) when my lists get too long I always forget what they were about...

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
is this a better picture? ------------==========UGGGGGGGG ------------the U is the hook, the --'s are the tube, the G's are the glowstick and the = is the staffobviously the tube is tighter than it looks.

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Ack, that didn't work because it got rid of my spacesand the font is different from the one in the typing boxnever mind

el beardoBRONZE Member
72 posts

Posted:
ive been thinking about ataching glowsticks to my staff for a while now, and this is as far as ive got:ive got one of them three piece staffs from HOP, and they have a wooden core at either end. I was going to screw in little screw hook/eyelet type screws (ah, the clarity of poetry), and through those put little teeny tiny carabiner type things (u know, those thingis mountain climbers use). the paln was then to simply hook my glowsticks onto the carabiners whenever i wanted to use glowsticks.hope this is of some help to someone, and if i ever manage to do it, i'll let people know how it worked out.------------------Flame on!

May your staff spin fast and your poi always miss your balls.