GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Sup peeps... I know this has probibly been asked b4, but Im pretty new to poi, and im a bit stuck on a few things.Firstly, my spinning is pretty impressive (if i do say so myself) and i hardly ever hit myself anymore, so what i want to know is, in all of your opinions, when do you think i can start spinning fire poi?The other thing is that ive read all of these things on what to use for wick; kevlar ect, but i want to know what would be the best to use, from personal experience?Thanx ya'll :P------------------Coles

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
as far as I can tell there isn`t a correct time as per say, there is no rule that says you have been spinning for a month now light up. The correct time is when you feel confident enought to light up, and have the necessary safety precautions around. I have only used abestos rope at the moment ... but apparently kevlar is better, will tell you when my xmas pressie arrives

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
BOING...........wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........*flump**dusts himself off*Hi - there was recently a long topic about this at:https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001919.htmlwhich should give you some good pointers. But otherwise I'll just echo what Chakan said. It's all about confidence.------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble The Mug Shot Gallery Words to memerise, words hypnotise, words make my mouth exercise.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
*returns to pick up trampoline - waves and leaves*

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
bummer knew I forgot something *takes out fold up trampoline outta pocket*unfolds jumpyeeehaaaaa*flump*folds up trampoline*waves

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
*decides to make a discreet exit before he is noticed by any trampoline-ists*

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Thanx for the help. There is one othere thing: when you are performing, do u do a routine or make it up as you go along. Can any1 sugest a song i could use??------------------Coles

Coles

Fire_Hazardmember
6 posts

Posted:
GlowWormMusic is a personal thing. Alot of people play to a variaty of music. Trance seems to be the most popular, because of it's changing beat and rhythm. I have a taste for slower rocking type melodies. Try everythingtest your moods, and see what you like best. smile*so much for surprises - *wink*

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Yeah, i guess you're right, but i dont even know where to start!! Im soo excited to start fire, but i think im gonna wait a little more... Doesnt that sound familiar... smileThanx ya'll

Coles

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Yeah, i guess you're right, but i dont even know where to start!! Im soo excited to start fire, but i think im gonna wait a little more... Doesnt that sound familiar... smileThanx ya'll------------------Coles

Coles

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
ROFL @ Durbs' trampolining (now there's an accronym i've never had cause to use before). Thanks Durbs, you've cheered me up no end.And 210? When did that happen? You were loitering round 100 last I noticed. *shakes head* How soon they grow up and leave the nest..... *sniff*------------------C@ntusDance the dance that plays within the fire and play guitar and the play it inspired. You said you wouldn't leave me not ever, underneath the sky forever.And we're so far from home, no wish to return. there's so much that we have taught and so much we have learned.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 20 December 2001).]

Meh

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Glad to cheer you up matey. I think it's like the pain barrier. Once I broke 100 it was all downhill. Scarily - alot of it has been useful.Unlike in this thread smile[This message has been edited by Durbs (edited 20 December 2001).]

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi