Forums > Technical Discussion > making various styles of poi...

Login/Join to Participate

carpe_noxmember
13 posts

Posted:
Ok, i have seen some fantastic links with ways to make flaming poi. So i feel i'll be sweet when it comes to making them (even though i have a set that i am rather happy with at the moment)What i am after is finding ways to make tails, and various other practice poi, i want to get some glow in the dark tails happening, coz they look fantastic, the problem is i cant find any to buy, so if any of you guys have any ideas on how to make a set of glowing tails, please tell me, any ideas will help out too, ta!

Csabmember
1 post

Posted:
Please, please share those fantastic links.Idea 1: Try to cover the tails with uv reagent wallpaper. U can find in decoration shops.Idea 2: Try uv paint and finish the surface with lacquer. It safer against hurt.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
You can also bust open a glow stick and dump the insides on to what ever you're spinning. It will glow for as long as a glow stick will, but not quite as brightly, 'cuz it's not as concentrated as it would be in the stick.Oh yeah, don't get any in your mouth either, I heard it can be nasty. But then thats just what I've heard.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

DIANNAmember
55 posts

Posted:
yes please share your links!!!you can also go to a hardwear shop a pick up some neon string comes in (yellow pink green orange) glows super briht under black lights!!!!!but you need to find some way to bind it. hey e-mail me thoes links idky456456@aol.com![This message has been edited by DIANNA (edited 02 January 2002).]

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Try Flag Poi.There seems to be a multitude of ways of making them but I think the simplest seems to be to get a string-and-coin poi thing going then sew (or in my case staple) this to the inside seem of a large white (preferably square) pillow case. Not the most effective looking flag poi but it works. The best I've seen have been either silk or simialr "flowing" materials. The problem with using pillow is the material is twice as thick as it needs to be. try opening it up if you don't mind ruining the pillow. Then find some UV/Black lights and prepare to dazzle people.Warning - they are darn hard to learn to use unless you rig up a swivel near the handle...Gosh - another helpful answer from me, what is the world coming to...------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble The Mug Shot Gallery MSN Poi Community Words to memerise, words hypnotise, words make my mouth exercise.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well done Durbs. On topic, helpful and everything. Watch out you'll get me at it....

Meh