digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
im new to spinning so, as of now im using only socks on string to spin :P .. i plan on getting either the beginner poi set or the performance poi for christmas.. could someone fill me in on which one is better and why..?thanks smile

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
ive ended up buying all of the different practice sets in my adventures, and what i would recommend:the fluffy poiall the way, no doubt about it. i dont even like using tails anymore. i dont like the strings, i dont like the straps, i dont like the tails (not really, sometimes, depends on mood) and they are all much too light. the fluffy poi are so awesome, decent weight, good length, though not adjustable like the tail poi, come UV if you like that sort of thing, and still have these cute little tassels. i especially like the super thick rope that they are made with. it lends great stability to the poi and when you get them tangled, you wont have to sit down for 3 minutes and lose your rythym getting them untangled. i love my fluffy balls!

Wow

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
*Ahem* You can keep your fluffy balls to yourself. :P------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
hehe.. thanks Shibaki for telling me about your fluffy balls =P anyone else care to comment? i'd like more opinions please smile

carpe_noxmember
13 posts

Posted:
ok, my first set of poi were 2.5" flaming poi, they are great to start off, with, have a decent lengh and weight, they are fantastic to twirl with, better then using a 1.5 or 2 inch wick, you get a decent flame, with out worring about setting your self on fire wink.Yesterday i got my self some 'flags' or tails as they are also refered to, i LOVE them, the weight is fantastic, its great to go from some home made practice poi (tennis balls) to move onto the flags, they look fantastic to twirl with during the day(so you can show off your fantasic poi moves anytime smile) they have a nice drag on them, helping with learing new tricks, and getting your moves nice and smooth (which is what we want!) and an added bonus:THEY DONT HURT!the fluro fluffy balls are good too, you should test some out, i personally find that my flags are more fun, but it depends on the trick you are doing, and they can hurt abit when you hit yourself, but again its up to personal taste.The final set i feel you should know about, are the LED poi, these are basically a tube with a light inside, they are indistructable, so you can hit them together and hit yourself and not worry about them breaking (as they can be alittle expensive), they come in a range on FANTASTIC colours, which is always fun! and look great when you use them at anytime on the day.The best piece of advise i can give to you about buying poi is:TRY EVERYTHING, when it comes down to it, you are the one twirling with them, i can sit here and tell you to get flags, or LED poi, but at the end of the day you are the one that has to feel comfortable with them, but now you hopefully have i good idea of some of the great poi out there, so get out there and have some fun!!!!