gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Just thought I would let everybody know that for all the nice people here in the UK you can know get 5 pairs (10) glowsticks for £13 or 3 pairs (6) glowsticks for £9 with FREE postage and packaging @https://www.clubbertoys.com/acatalog/ClubberToys_com_Glowsticks_1.htmlwhich is cheap cause of the free postage and packaging. On another note does anyone now where you can buy glowsticks from a shop (which is usually cheaper) in Bristol.cheers peoplepeace outgarbo tongue Oh, and by the way, I would just like to say that my brother is MUCH better at fire twirling than I am, so ALL HAIL ROBBIE!!![This message has been edited by garbo (edited 08 March 2001).]

be excellent to each other: safe:

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
thats sooooooooo cheap!cheers for the tip off garbo.last time i went clubbing i had to pay £2 each!! which i rekons far to expensive. oh does anyone remember the thread when the idea of buying the glowstick chemicals seperately. i have a cool idea for a robot costume where the fluids are pumped around some clear 'veins'. could look cool to glow stick in, what ya reakon?

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
thanx for that garbo - the cheapest i could get cost 1 quid each but that was from a local night club - otherwise i have to pay £2.50 for each which really bites...£1.30 per glowstick inc. delivery sounds like a good deal to me! grinhappy swinging,Simos

FuLLeFecTmember
3 posts

Posted:
well for those of you in the US go to www.iloveraving.com and you can get ANY KIND of glow stick for $1ea thats right only $1ea for any color even the ultra hi intensities that i used in my demo which usually cost about $6ea

Running water never becomes stale... so keep flowing - The Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
www.extremeglow.com is another website that specializes in selling glow products. they sell just about any kind of stick except for the 4 inch ones, which i thought was kinda odd, but anyway, they price their 6 inch sticks at 90 cents a piece, which i think is an awesome deal. the sticks seem pretty high quality too, and lots of options and stuff to choose from. however the minimum you can buy is 25 dollars. but its still all good. www.e-glowbiz.com sells their 6 inch sticks at 87 cents each, which is a little cheaper, but i dont think they are as high quality as the ones at extremeglow, and you get fewer options. their minimum order is also 25 dollars. i would rather buy from extremeglow, even though its a little more expensive, but you can check out both sites.both places can sell outside of the US, but its much more expensive that way, methinks.Hapes-Nova, extreme glowsticker

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Just having a squiz, cos I'm bored at work. RE: the first link provided...I had a look at the catalogue and I'm curious as hell about this Spacewriter type thingy.Anyone ever played with one or seen one? Or am i just being a gullible fool again??flash

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
I've played with one,, they are great. Just type in a word. wave it back and front and the word appears suspended in mid air beacause of the flashing LED's. great fun.peace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

Lazerousmember
17 posts

Posted:
the space writers are ok.. ive got 2 of them laying around somewhere.. there isnt much you can do with them, but what i have found really neat is a club toy i got in myrtle beach SC, its a little bigger than a glow stick and has 3 very bright, almost like the photon lights, on plastic cords. when the thing is on these lights spin around perpendicular to the grips... i put these on some strings at a club last night and boy did it make for a crowd really quick.. on short strings start out with a weave then transition into a corkscrew and it makes for a really neat ball effect.. try it and you'll like it. back on topic ive found glowsticks at $.82 if you buy 100 at a time or $.84 for 50-99. try it out https://www.glowstickfactory.com/wholelist1.htm..
i have lots more that go into the really neat stuff.. if you want the sites that ive found email me and ill pass them on.. anyone else with a really neat toy idea... im looking for something even better than 4 different colored photons on each string..

tkerbymember
30 posts

Posted:
Extremeglow has a uk site too at https://www.extremeglow.co.uk
They seem to be the cheapest place over here although now as cheap as the us prices. They don't seem to carry all the US stock either which is a shame but the range is pretty good. I'm just about to put in an order myself for a hundred sticks and see what the service is like

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
Just lately I've been thinking it would be fun to have a go at twirling glowsticks instead of fire for a change. Perhaps because of the winter weather, I find I can't be bothered with all the fire paraphernalia, and figured cracking a couple of glowsticks would be a lot less bother when I'm feeling lazy!Since this topic is fairly old, I was just wondering if anyone has more up-to-date suggestions for the best UK source for glowsticks? I particularly like the sound of those ultra high intensity sticks that last like 5 minutes or so, so a site that stocks those would be good to know. After all, I'm not in the habit of twirling for 8 hours at a stretch! And I'll bet those really bright ones look cool.Any suggestions appreciated, cheers!PS I do have some beaming poi, but I fear for my knees every time I use those! Doing anything remotely tricky with those things is scary! smile

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
www.extremeglow.co.uk is by far the best and cheapest as far as im concerned.Gruff cool

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
check out: www.coolneon.com you might have to pay a little for shipping, but, after you see what it is, you'll HAVE to get some (cool neon, that is) wink

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Anyone tried spinning with those glowball things that look like they're made of several bendy sticks? Also there is https://www.glowstick.co.uk
although I seem to remember ppl saying they weren't great...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude