mazulemember
2 posts

Posted:
Has anyone ever tried it. Could be fun. Better learn to slackline. :-)------------------ o//@ CLIMB!< \

o//@ CLIMB!<

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
uhhh, what's a slackline?*blushes at this uncharacteristic display of ignorance!*

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, had to happen eventually Bendy. You get one thing wrong then it's a slow but steady gradual burn out from there on in.It's cos you're getting old mate.

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Yeah I think old age might be setting in (gonna be 23 in 2 weeks! tongue)Still don't know what a slackline is - is it like a loose tightrope??If so, can I get partial credit?

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

mazulemember
2 posts

Posted:
Slackline..... tight rope, 'cept it aint tight and tends to bounce and also tends to wobble..... alot.... especially when under the influence. Get hold of some climbing tape, find two trees and give it a go. You'll love it.

o//@ CLIMB!<

cosmicomicstranger
2 posts

Posted:
Slacklining is a balance sport, similar to tightrope walking, but instead of a taught steel cable it uses nylon webbing stretched tight between two anchor points. Slacklining is distinct from tightrope walking in that the line is not held rigidly taut; it is instead dynamic, stretching and bouncing like a large rubber band. The line's tension can be adjusted to suit the user and different types of dynamic webbing can be used to achieve a variety of feats. The line itself is flat, due to the nature of webbing, thus keeping the slacker's footing from rolling as would be the case with an ordinary rope.

Slackline is a relatively new sport, but is growing fast. There are different types of slackining - highlining (usually between two tall rocky structures, lowlining - usually long and low, tricklining (performing tricks on the line-backflips, somersaults etc, and more recently performing Yoga on the line.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
I tried. In a place called Tonsai in thailand some of the thai workers who did poi and staff could.

Slacklining is HARD. great for balance and leg strength in rockclimbing

SeiFuZeRoSILVER Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Bendyuhhh, what's a slackline?

*blushes at this uncharacteristic display of ignorance!*
what IS a slackline anyway???

~SeiFuZeRo

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

elementalspritestranger
6 posts

Posted:
so whats the difference beetween slackline and slackrope?

*dreams* oh look a pretty cloud

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
A slackline is a flat tape/webbing - slackrope is a rope smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Yup and a slack line is tightish and kind of bouncy where as a slackrope is lose and swings but does not bounce.
EDITED_BY: ElectricBlue (1246884967)

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />