DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hi Malcolm, Just wondered if there was any chance of the videos coming out on DVD? I'm sure it would be A LOT more expensive to produce but it would be useful - especially the Art of Poi video as you could skip to any section you wanted instantly and the tape wouldn't get worn out from re-watching the same move over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again smile------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble I have only one burning desire....let me stand next to your fire

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
A dvd of the video is sumthin i would highly doubt. Blank DVDs are about 35$ each. Even if he got some sort of special on them it would be to expensive probly.

We are defined by the choices we make

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
Naganootch: You said Blank DVD. How would you even record for DVD? Is it a program, some hardware, How is it done? I know nothing of these things. Can I do it at home, or do I need a muti-million dollar set-up. Anyone know?------------------Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with "normal" people.

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
The cheapest way to record dvds currently (not that its cheap) is to buy a dvd-recorder drive hich you use with a pc, similar to a cd writer. currently this will set you back about £800 i think, but there getting cheaper all the time.

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Erm somebody (Sony or someone like that) has just brought out a DVD recorder. There's adverts for it all over the place.

Meh

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Pioneer have one out.But yeah, agreed, its expenisve and I doubt the sales of them would justify the expense

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
I would like to retract my earlier statement of 35$ each... latest adds in the sunday paper say 7.99 for a 4.7 giga byte DVD-Rand 14.99 for a 4.7 DVD-RW for those who don't know the r just stand for writeable, and the RW stands for rewriteable , so you cna constatly put more stuff on and take stuff off.not sure if these are made so you can burn movies on them , as i'm not really up to date on my comp tech anymore.

We are defined by the choices we make

J4Playmember
24 posts

Posted:
DVD recorders for PC go for about AU$700. The blank disks for these are about AU$30. However blank DVDs use different technology than pre-recorded dvd, and due to their relatively small demand, they are quite pricey. Considering that buying DVD movies costs about $35, a commerical run of DVDs would probably cost less than $10 per disk (dependant of course on the number required). I don't know how many videos HOP sells, but I'd guess that it would be feasable to do a run of DVD's.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Where's Malcolm when you need him eh? smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
So, Malcolm any word on the DVD version coming out soon? I don't have a VCR any more so I can't watch the latest COL2 video. frownSo please tell me that you got a DVD version coming out soon.------------------Blessings to all, Peter "In motion, move like a thundering wave. When still, be like a mountain.Rising up, be like a monkey. Land swiftly and lightly like a bird. Be steadylike a rooster on one leg. One's stance is as firm as a pine tree, yetexpresses motion. Spin swiftly and circularly like a wheel. Bend and flexlike a bow. Waft gracefully like a leaf in the wind. Sink like a heavy pieceof metal. Prey like a watchful, gliding eagle. Accelerate like a gusty wind." Wushu Proverb

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
So steel wings...you've become so "future proofed" you are no longer backwards compatible with existing worlwide VHS standards. smileI think thats funny (please don't be mad at me). grin grin grin grin------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
It's just that DVD's take up less room and the quality of everything is so much better. Well, that and I'm a tech junkie. Charles, why would I be mad? I agree with you it is funny if you think about it. smileThe hardest part was that I'm collecting DVD's was what do I do with all of these old movies that I have on VHS. smile Anyone want a bunch of old movies? LOL------------------Blessings to all, Peter "In motion, move like a thundering wave. When still, be like a mountain.Rising up, be like a monkey. Land swiftly and lightly like a bird. Be steadylike a rooster on one leg. One's stance is as firm as a pine tree, yetexpresses motion. Spin swiftly and circularly like a wheel. Bend and flexlike a bow. Waft gracefully like a leaf in the wind. Sink like a heavy pieceof metal. Prey like a watchful, gliding eagle. Accelerate like a gusty wind." Wushu Proverb

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Um Malcolm, if you can include the videos from the website in a pc data section of the DVD that would be sweet as I could use my meagre bandwidth to download Llama pictures instead =).------------------I am not a bot.*** END STATEMENT ***

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always