LibraGOLD Member
47 posts

Posted:
Hi there! can anyone please give me some tips on good fireshowmusic? In a few weeks I'm going to have a five minuites show with pois in front of hundreds of 18-23 yearolds on a big chrismasparty. It's my first "big" show.I've played to Santana, Moby, Enigma and Era before. I like when the music has fast and slow parts in it. Didjedidu is great if there is rhythm in it. My style is (or I'm at least trying to make it) graceful and slow with some faster parts in it. For me, the music (and costumes) are extremly important when I do shows. But I'm out of ideas...! I need something new to dance to.Any ideas? Please tell me..Lisa

flaming_madmember
34 posts

Posted:
I know there has been other threads on music. They have been discussing music for both practice and performance.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
DEFINITELY do a "search" this has been discussed quite a bit...If you've got specific questions AFTER doing a search for a specific genre or BPM or style... then post away... This is only going to open the floodgates of repetitive posts on Techno...[psssst... "juno reactor"]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

LibraGOLD Member
47 posts

Posted:
Oooops..! I did a lousy job when I first searched for "music". There is a lot (!!!) written about it allready. Thanks! Lisa

HappyStickermember
42 posts

Posted:
if you like that instrument in paticular try the songs by Gouryella (Tiesto & Ferry Corsten) if you like techno that is

If you had a friend that was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down the street and he just fell over......that would be unacceptable.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
The standard fire dancing music our here has been Jeuno Reactor, at least since the last burning man trip. VNV nation is good or X marks the pediwalk, kind of technoie, Personally I prefer more Industrial music, like skinny puppy or frontline assembly, but many will disagree with me I'm shure.

Jesus helps me trick people.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hey SickpuPpy, have you heard Ultraviolence (aka Johnny Violent)? If not I seriously recommend you look him up. Good and nasty industrial techno sometimes with a slightly twisted edge to it.Check out "E-heads Must Die" or his cover of "Jump" by Van Halen and his love song (one of several) "Still"Haven't tried spinning to his music but it's all for the greater good anyway.

Meh

kmactanemember
97 posts

Posted:
I and my troupe got no problem with industrial. Skinny Puppy and FLA are a couple of my favorites in that genre, too. FLA in particular -- we've got "Biomechanic" on one of our spinning mixes. (That's the one with that really nasty-sounding vocoder/robot voice going "In God we trust" all through it.)Lisa, if you're looking for some stuff with varying tempos, try thinking "world beat". There's a shitpile of cool stuff on www.MP3.com, believe it or not.In particular, try going to https://artists.mp3s.com/artists/39/aeone.html
and downloading the song "Indira". That one totally kicks ass. (Every time we do a routine to that one, at least one person comes up afterward and says, "Hey, what was that song?")"Umbra Nihili" is also pretty good for being changeable; it starts off kind of quiet, and slowly builds up to a climax.

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
theres an older acid called morningstar by a dude called Denver Mcarthy. monstrous fat beats and lots of buzzy samples!!!