Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
Anybody out there do astrojax?I just got a set and ive got the basics and all the tricks on the website and the instructions, but need more!! more!! MORE!!!Apparently they were REALLY big in america last year but all the americans i spoke to have never heard of them. STRANGE?!!any new moves welcome!!!Cheers,Gruff cool

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
There are a couple of ***long*** threads on rec.juggling (or was it here?)about them from a while back, Malcom might remember them. Basically, they were popular in some circles, and they are incredibley entertaining. I've never tried them, I just thought Id point you in the right direction.-PSM

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Astrojax?

Meh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
www.astrojax.com (you didnt even try didya Cantus?) winkJosh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It was 5.25am Josh.

Meh

Melquan Jonesmember
1 post

Posted:
i do im getting better everyday the tricks i can do is the atom, echo switch, con.- switchs, charlston, fingerspins, orbital venus, venus, vertical orbit, horizontal orbit, supernova, and the butterfly. Im currently working on the cyclone,viking dance, and the grandslam.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I bought them a month or so ago as an experiment to try a skill toy without really being exposed to any moves that other people have learned.

They are definatly fun, and so is trying to learn and develop moves entirely on your own.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I bought a set like 2 months ago. To my dismay, I cant to jack with em. They give ya 3 tricks in the instruction manual which is about all I can do. Then again, I never really got too into practicing with them. Not really my cup of tea.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

toonboy7member
11 posts

Posted:
AstroJax are quite a bit of fun ... I picked up a couple of them ... of course the fave set are the "Saturn" model that has LED's in them that light up, and strobe too!!!

I'm no yoyo-geek, so I'm not that impressive with them, but they do have a good feel to 'em.

most excellent fun, now if there was a way to light them on fire, hmmmmmm......

XanathBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
my freind made astro-firepoi! they are so fun! they are very easy to burn yourself on though, esspecially if youve never used astrojax!

Power percieved is power achieved.

MEERCATBRONZE Member
A Meerkat that eats chicken
194 posts

Posted:

ok i just bought these astrojaxs firstly i was bit confused but them went to the website looked at some vids and you can do some amasing tricks.

Anybody think you could make a fire derivative with kevlar gloves an stuff weavesmiley confused eek

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
i bought a pair a long long time ago, I never got to good with them but they keep me amused for a little while, they don't look as cool, but they're a lot easier to carry around than my poi. ^_^ Sometimes you need to twirl something. Anyway, it's good times, but I don't know many moves. The vids on the site really are incredible.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I have a set too and I'm utterly rubbish with them. I find the sliding one a pain in the butt! Its never where I want it to be ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!