GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
FIrst.. this is the quickest way to explain what a hoberman sphere is.https://xstatikgear.com/hoberman.htmIf you connected one string/chain to the outside of the sphere, so when you swing it with that it will open to its full size.Then have a one connected to a string tied to two sides (or more) so when you pull on that one, it will close up.THink it would work.. I also noticed there is a glow in the dark one.. that could be interesting.What you guys think?------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Thats pretty creative. Hmmm, if only hobermans weren't so expensive.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
Yea.. they are pretty expensive. :PBut We have a few different store that sell them here, and Im pretty sure they are cheaper. Besides.. they are THAT expensive.. only $15. I think thats american... so. in Canadian.. that would be like 22 dollars or something like that.. not too bad.I think here we also have mini ones, which would probably work better for poi. they are probably also cheaper. Swinging around a 12" ball might be a little difficult.. lol------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
Nevermind.. those were the minis on that site.. duh... man.. I must be tired, for a bit I thought it said 12 Feet long. lol.. Then I was thinking.. *it cant be THAT big* I could squish someone with something that big.. lol*needs his brain to turn on again*------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
its ok, brain deadness is perfectly fine, and it is a good idea...:goes off to buy some:

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
WOW... after a lot of ideas (at least half of them are probably dumb) Someone said that I have a good idea.. YEA!! lolYou seriously going to try that.. or you just tauntin me?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think you have some interesting ideas GLS. Did i not say? Not sure about that whole God business. But that's just me.I haven't seen you say anything overtly dumb yet. But I'm grading on a curve and some of our fellows on here score quite highly on the scarily bad ideaometer.And I'm fairly sure Mr. Whiffle meant that in all seriousness. He's a nice lad and doesn't usually mock folks.------------------C@ntusIn the past, the fools would pay, to see the freaks of the day. The contradictions of the norm. The bizarre, the wonderful and deformed.No need for the tents and the cages now. The wool is over our eyes. In front the TV circus - a freakshow in disguise.

Meh

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
Well thank you Cantus.. though I hope that your mind will be changed in the regards to God.. but hey. We all must travel our own path. winkDid you see my self igniting staff idea? I thought that one was real cool.. but the convo died.. so nobody gave me any feedback.------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
C@ntus is the coolest mofo on this board :P

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
You gotta be careful not to get your finger caught inside - that is when they become Hoberman Pinschers, bread for attack!

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
Bendy.. Ha ha ha.. I doubt they could hurt that much.. but then again.. when flying round on a string odd things that were painless can suddenly become very painful. lol------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I think they should be kept on a leash anyways - nothing worse than seeing a kid mauled by a rabid Hoberman that was being walked in the park without a leash... *struggling, hoping that someone has picked up on the Dobermann/Hoberman similarity*

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
Ha ha ha.. Never would have picked up on it if you hadnt of said anything. But it was still funny..and now I have this imagination of swinging a snarling dog around like poi.. lol------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ah, I see my fan club has gained another member grin

Meh

Stringsmember
25 posts

Posted:
I got it... I really did. Anyway has anyone tryed this? It still sounds like a good idea

Never get over confidant... That is when your chains wrap and you hit yourself in the face.

Storytellermember
19 posts

Posted:
Hey, Thanks Guys! I have one that I wore on my head like a diving helmet at Burning Man this year, but I never knew the name.------------------ Ribbons of color twining and flux, open tomorrow for me

Ribbons of color twining and flux, open tomorrow for me

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
I would make one for my girlfriend (she has started to poi) But Im broke.. maybe I'll have the money by Christmas and I will tell ya all about what she thinks about it.maybe. wink Besides.. Im sure my whole youth group would be all over that. *I brought my new staffs to church yesterday and I could hardly even do it myself.. if I let go of one of my staffs they were taken up by someone elses hands.. ah well. share the wealth, share the fun. smile------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.