Storytellermember
19 posts

Posted:
I,m tired of using lamp oil and having my sidewalk look like I just changed my car's oil. Any suggestions?------------------ Ribbons of color twining and flux, open tomorrow for me

Ribbons of color twining and flux, open tomorrow for me

Storytellermember
19 posts

Posted:
oh yes:Prefeably something that smells a little less than kero.

Ribbons of color twining and flux, open tomorrow for me

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Read through the multitude of fire breathing threads. Many deal with fuels and the varieties of them. Pro's/Con's of each and more!------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Has anyone figured out anyway to stay completely clean and smelling fresh after a spin? Think these questions are one in the same smile If we figure out the answer to one we'll have the answer to both.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Slightly more toxic than kero but with virtually no smell at all, is Pegasol 440 Special.It's used in industrial cleaning, just like kero, but has stuff added to it to get rid of the smell.As to who to keep clean and frsh smelling, use lots of deoderant and don't do anything that might work up a sweat.I use pegasol a lot for performances and its the sweaty smell that's the main problem, not the fuel...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Storyteller - twirl on someone else's sidewalk ??? wink
quote:
don't do anything that might work up a sweat.
now where's the fun in that??!!

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
we use a fantastic product that we get sent up from melbourne called Firewater. its virtually odourless and smokeless and is, by far, the most pleasant fuel I've ever had to deal with... high flash point, doesn't evaporate as quick as kero..all good smilehttps://www.juggleart.com/welcome.shtmldoubt they can ship fuel internationally, but you could ask them if they know any other distributors on your continent.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

J4Playmember
24 posts

Posted:
I usually use a product called Shellsol T. This is available in Australia. I am guessing that there will be an equivalent product (maybe under a different name) available where you are.Here we go, I just found this pagehttps://www.cdc.gov/niosh/ipcsneng/neng1382.htmlIt states that Shellsol T is a trade name for the actual product discussed on the page (NAPHTHA (PETROLEUM), HEAVY ALKYLATE), as are Isopar G/L/M, Shellsol TK/TD, Soltrol 100/130. Maybe you can find it under one of these guises. I think that this product is pretty much as odourless as they come. Provides a bright flame and very little smoke as well. I have also found it good for fire breathing as it has very little taste and a high flash point. If you can get hold of some (try your local petrochem distributor), I'm sure you will not be dissapointed. It costs me AU$53 for 20 litres which works out to be fairly cheap compared to alternatives.

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
sweat is never the problem. The fuel normally washes it off me smile

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC