smileemember
40 posts

Posted:
I was looking in the HOP shop, and I noticed the kevlar roping. My mind started wandering thinking of something I could use it for. I thought of attaching the rope to a wand of some sort (probibally aluminum, attached to small chain, attached to the rope). Then you could spin it like a ribbon, creating trailing ribbons of fire. Then you might be able to attach it to your poi, and give them tails of fire. I think it would look pretty cool! I also thought I could use it to line the perimter of my performance area, to add to the show and keep people from getting too close. (Sometimes I have people get within inches of me, and not even kids, I'm talking about grown adults! You would think they would have more sence...)Just thought I'd share.

later - Smilee

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Nice... get down with your badself smilee. I got the chance to play with a set of ribbons on sticks once... They went right onto my poi.. That would be nearly impossiable with kevlar for one it wouldn't float and two... Do you know how twisted up I got with 8 foot trailers? smile I made the fire ring too. Of course my orginal idea was conveced by pyromanic's and it was a plan to make a forced air convenction ring. I settled on 4 bedsheets twisted up and braided with wire. It got stolen befor I had the chance to use it. No clue why anyone would want a bucket full of twisted up bedsheets that reck of kero but hey. They prolly saved my ass a few burns. ------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC