Page:
JyriTmember
10 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone!I've been spinning about 3 months now (started with staff, then went to poi..), andI think start fireblowing.. and one queston came in my mind.. What liquid do you use? Just lampoil or pure alcohol.. or what.. ?thanks for advice.. -- Jyri

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
This would be Pele's department. She'll be along a bit later on. Make yourself comfy whilst you're waiting. grin------------------C@ntus

Meh

JyriTmember
10 posts

Posted:
btw.. I think to use Parafin based liquid..I'm I going to die?? wink-- Jyri

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
Hi I just started fire blowing as well... I use parafin as the liquid. If anyone got any other suggestions then all welcome.A good idea as well is start with water practise getting the spray right.. then when you feel confident enough move on to the flammable liquid... have someone standing by with damp towels and stuff.have fun and be safe!!

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
Me & a friend tried using overproof rum on Saturday night. It was ok, but cost £18 a bottle. You couldn't drink it either, unless you're some kind of fkd-up wino.Just to do a compare & contrast, we did parafin as well. It was brilliant, as per usual. There's threads on this elsewhere, as Cantus usually reminds everyone (he must like you), but this usually works for me :1) Drink milk before you start - it puts a fatty layer on the mouth2) Whatever you do DON'T swallow ANY - you'll be belching parafin for days3) Don't spill any in your pint - same reason4) Keep some strong booze handy - to sloosh & gargle with, it strips off the parafin - but make sure you spit it out or firebreath it.5) Keep some juice handy - because it tastes nice6) Wash any spilt parafin off your neck / face quickly (use soap and water, or just booze, or you'll get a nasty rash.Parafin is nasty stuff (but tastes better than overproof rum / polish spirit etc.) It contains nasty chemicals that will eventually kill you. Just like the air you breath does. Oxygen is the chemical most reponsible for the ageing process. I'm not saying you should use parafin, but it does look good.Hope this helps - I'm probably wrong, but, so what?happy firebreathingpr!m@teoh yeah...7) Try not to get pulled over if you're driving - it may take you a couple of hours or so to convince them that you ain't been drinking, especially if you've been using overproof spirits.

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
also 1 thing more about parafin... its helps with constipation (no don`t drink it if you have constipation) so expect to visit the toilet sometime during that night, at least u`ll have a tummy ache. Trust me ... I know dis.

JyriTmember
10 posts

Posted:
Thanks to everyone for Your answers..!I just finished surfing the web and one thing I found that people are using parafin as purgative.. wierd.. I rather make it burn grinHigh flames to everyone and thanx..!.-- Jyri

Drakienmember
49 posts

Posted:
This provoked many arguments between right-thinking, sensible types who were of the opinion that paraffin (or the brand-named parasene which I use) will give me Nasty Cancer, and me, A Mentallist.Don't inhale, don't swallow, don't dribble it all over you, aim away from people, not into the wind, aim up and have someone who knows what they're doing standing by with a wet towel.There.So: is it really carcenogenic?------------------'Only ever use the pink kind...'

Posh ravers wear ties.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the warning Cantus...you make me laugh!Alrighty then, first and foremost...use the search button beneath the post reply box. Enter fire breathing and I garuntee you will come up with more information than you ever wanted to know, from what torches, to how to's and fuels!Now...to fuels and to answer your question.1. Alcohol is just about the worst thing you can use, barring gasolenes of course. It has a low flash point, which means it has combustible fumes. This is bad because the fire of your blow can follow the fumes back to your face and ignite your mouth, it has happened several times. The flames from an alcohol blow are actually a yellowish to blue color which isn't very robust and so doesn't give a really good plume. This is also not mentioning the dangers of fire and alcohol combined. Also, if the alcohol you are using has too high of a water percentage, it will only succeed in putting your torch out.2. Parafin and other types of lamp oils *are* carcinogenic, but they are also the most commonly used fuels for this type of oral art. I use Lamp Light Farms Lamp Oil myself but have also been known to use Kerosene in a pinch. These have a high flashpoint (non-ignitable fumes) and so are the safest from a blowback perspective. They aspirate well and have a richly colored orange plume that can be seen even in daylight. I would recommend that you not purchase those that are labelled "Smokeless and odorless" or those that are colored because they increase the level of toxicity.Lamp oils also tend to be a no fail fuel. If you aim right at the torch, and aspirate well, they will ignite. 3. New to the fire performers fuel repetoire is Biodeisel. A form of machine fuel derrived from vegetable and/or animal oil. I was told it is not carcinogenic and that is as far as I know about it.4. Cooking oil, such as vegetable, olive, etc. There have been several experiments with these. Again, they have a high flashpoint so blowbacks aren't as likely. They are edible. However, they are thicker and heavier than lamp oil and so more difficult to aspirate. Using this usually results in a smallish, brightly colored flashball and alot of smoke. However, with practice smallish plumes can be had (about 4 feet or so). This is also a hit and miss kind of fuel, where it is as likely to put out your torch as it is to ignite.Tips for firebreathing...1. Practice aspirating with water until you get a good mist with few water drops.2. Wipe your chin before you breathe and after to make certain any dribble will not ignite.3. Hold your torch between at least a 70 to 80 degree angle about 12-18 inches in front of you. Don't try a 90 degree angle until you are proficient, the flames and spatter fall straight back in your face.4. Don't lean in to your breath. Step back from it. (If you notice when people "spit" they tend to lean into it to give more power. Fire breathers first motion is to do this, which puts you closer to the flame for a greater risk of a blowback). 5. Everyone says don't swallow the fuel.** You will get fuel in your system every time you firebreathe!** The fuel will seep into your system through your gums and it will coat the inside of your mouth so trace amounts will be washed down with your saliva. Milk doesn't actually coat your mouth sufficiently to help at all(unless it is cream or buttermilk), that is a myth. Drinking milk before hand will actually help to buffer those trace amounts of fuels that make way into your stomach. After you are done eat something starchy (like bread) to help buffer the effects even further, and this also helps to get rid of that oily coated feel on the inside of your mouth as well (it feels yucky!). You can take an antacid, such as Tums or Maalox, if you feel so inclined and if you are planning to do alot of breathing, charcoal caps available at your local drug store work wonders.Symptoms of fuel poisoning are nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, headache, dizziness or disorientation. I have had this once mildly and it was unpleasant at best. In mild forms eat, take a charcap and sleep it off. In more serious forms, go to the hospital and get pumped.6. Just be smart about it. Watch the wind direction and force of it. Be aware of your surroundings including what is above you...lalalalalalalalalala.I *****love***** firebreathing!!! It is by far my favorite firey thing to do, as well as one of the things I know my audience waits for me to do. I also fully realize that it is one of the most dangerous of all the fire stunts (even fire eating is safer) and I respect that. Keep all that in mind and just enjoy yourself. If anything feels wrong about it, spit out the fuel on the ground and try again later. No harm, no foul.Good Luck!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
"Parafin and other types of lamp oils *are* carcinogenic"I do believe Ive heard otherwise, i was underthe impression that Ultrapure brand (Pricey $tuff) at least was not, and at worst could only cause pneumonia. I'll look for a cite though. Wow, it's been a while.-PSM------------------"One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind."-Alphonse Bertillon[This message has been edited by psychomonkey (edited 06 November 2001).][This message has been edited by psychomonkey (edited 06 November 2001).]

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Everything I have read about them, including Ultrapure brand, have said they are carcinogenic. Some more than others. In fact if you think about it, so is alcohol and the edible oils but they are mildly in comparison. For all who are really freaking out over the possibility, think of it this way....Carcinogenic simply means there is a trace risk of the possibility of cancer or other such diseases developing from prolonged exposure. They are not saying it will happen. Nor are they saying that there is a high level of toxicity. But from a legal stand point they have to cover their hinders and say "You drink it, you might die. We told you, you can't sue us. Na na na na na! [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/tongue.gif">[/image]Now, how often do you really plan on doing fire breathing? If you are a performer, chances are a bit more often than a non-performer, but you can practice with water just as effectively. So, say you swallow the equivalent of a teaspoon every two weeks. Over alot of time without personal care that might build up, sure but I think that as long as you take care of yourself the risk isn't so bad. Many people have used these fuels (and some worse when they started years ago) and they have been fine. As I said before it is a matter of research, common sense and caution. No biggie.And PSM, what you get from it is actually not pnuemonia such as the one derived from bronchitis, but the more severe form known as Chemical Pnuemonia, which is actually a **really** bad thing. I know of at least two firebreathers who have been hospitalized for at least three months straight (and one for nearly five) with it. One of them can no longer perform due to chronic shortness of breath. Chem. Pnue. does permanent damage to your lungs and can/has resulted in such horrible things like asthma, emphazema (sp????), chronic cough/croop related issues, and other such respiratory problems (my housemates mum is a respiratory therapist, I have gotten the full run down on all of this whether I wanted it or not). This is related to all chemically based fuels we use, as opposed to the more organic ones, and as spinners we are subjected to the possibility of this from excessive smoke inhalation anyway. Is it common? Not really, but it is there and it is important to know the difference between this form of pnuemonia and the other more common form. Thought you might want to know.And hi-dee ho PSM. Where the heck you been? smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.comI just added *real* paragraphing..aren't you proud?[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 07 November 2001).]

Pele

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Anyone would think that Pele actually knows what she's on about wouldn't they wink

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
(Here, let me see if I get away with a comment like this...)Any idiot can firebreathe. Only a practiced and professional firebreather can do it relatively safely and consistantly. Done unsafely it's a cool parlor trick. Done safely and consistantly and it's an art.(OK... Hate me. Go ahead.)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
But confused surely you have to go through the idiot stage to get to the practiced profeesional stage. . . . . ------------------C@ntus

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hold on a second. ....'Prim@te! Are you confusing me with someone else?Several people (I have noticed) simply say that the subject has been covered before and tell the inquirer to perform a search.I, being a kind soul, search out the relevant info myself and post a few helpful links.This one I left open for 2 reasons It is a subject i know nothing of. And, thusly, haven't noticed any previous threads about it. This isn't to say there aren't any. Just that i haven't seen them. I knew Pele would like to deal with this personally. It's the kind of thing that makes her happy. And I for one like a happy Pele.*restraining himself from personal attacks. Limits himself to muttering about Brummies*------------------C@ntus

Meh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Ooh Ooh Ooh!!!!!I can actually answer that one too NYC and Cantus!!!!NYC is right, any idiot can fire breathe and get hurt and all sorts of stuff.....BUT you don't have to go through the "idiot stage" first!!!! Research! I can't begin to emphasize the importance of when I did all my research! I researched fuels, torches, techniques, pro's, con's and all the good and bad possibilities. Then I developed my own way of doing it by practicing with water. Then I lit up knowing full well what I was doing and what I could be getting myself into. And I wasn't alone. I educated PWB and another friend so that they could help with an outside perspective. See? Idiot stage avoided because of some good ole common sense combined with knowledge! And because it is something I love soooooo much and it does make me happy (Thank you Cantus) I love sharing the joy! grin::Pele happily skips off petting a fuzzy pink bunny::------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
Yeah, prob'ly...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Are you sulking now Prim@te?

Meh

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
Pele: could you go more into this Chemical Pnuemonia. It dosen't sound too cool. How do you avoid it, is it just smoke that causes it. I don't want it, but I am still going to play with, and breath fire. So how do I keep from becoming one of the unlucky one's.------------------Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with "normal" people.

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
...nope, burping (takes another slurp). Want some, or maybe a nice bit of firelighter?(munch, munch, munch - schluuurp!) - urp!
Non-Https Image Link

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
I'm really keen to give this a try especially as I want to get into some more busking and it is a big crowd pleaser. I'm generally a very safe person (except when riding a bicycle, then I'm a madman) and as such I've done numerous searches on fire breathing and am confident that I know all the theory to it. I like one entry I read that said "as you do the blow, you will be surprised at how loud and bright it was" That was like when I was skydiving and I told another student that when you leave the plane, it will be subzero degrees and you'll have 200kmh windchill, something they don't tell you before you go. Being ready for thoings like that help prevent accidents from sensory overload.The thing for me is that I would give it a go now if I could find someone else who I think could teach me or show me. Ive met two people whop have done it, but they were just people who gave it a go one day, and they couldn't answer any questions about safety and I felt I knew more than them because of all the research I did into it. Do I go ahead and give it a go after I've practised with water, obtained the correct fuel, got a spotter with towel, read the winds etc etc...?

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
With respect to the carcinogenic effects of the fuels...I am sure they do have some small carcinogenic effect but hey I bet we are all at more risk when we are getting a bit of a suntan in the summer B)------------------Mark P (the mad chemist)[This message has been edited by Mark P (edited 08 November 2001).]

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
It's one of them leap of faith things, like bungy jumping, or high-board diving, or things like that... (I think is called a gestalt - arse to finding that stupid 'a' character).I you're gonna do it, do it do it when you're comfortable with the idea ("Fukkit - I'm gonna DO IT!") and commit to it, get the first one over & done with. Do it with balls - like Pele. winkAs for the toxicity, you should probably worry more about the industrial waste in tap water and toothpaste. And do it in front of a crowd - no point in wasting it, & you're safer with people around.either waypr!me-8top one, nice one, get sorted

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Alright...get comfy! (as usual grin)Maelstrom, I can tell you what I know about it....which isn't a whole lot really....Brief Bio lesson, in your bronchial airways there are these little things called alvioli.We need healthy alvioli for the absorbtion of oxygen into our body. Chemical Pnuemonia is when we aspirate chemicals into our bronchial pathways which causes damage to our alvioli. This cause pathways to swell and the feeling that we can't breathe, because our body isn't processing oxygen as it needs to. This can be caused from many chemicals, from vomit (bile) to fuels we use to bleach and cleaning chemicals. If I am not mistaken (and I might be) I believe that alvioli, when very damaged, either don't repair themselves or repair ***very*** slowly. As you know when we aspirate there is a fuel mist that hangs in the air. Breathe this in and you are a likely candidate. Same thing with if you say..inhale a bit of fuel accidentally right before you breathe. If you feel you can't breathe after doing a firebreath, or feel the urge to constantly cough, take small "baby breaths", not deep breaths. Deep breaths tend to induce coughing while small breaths get a bit of air in without attempting to fill the lungs. If the feeling subsides you will most likely be fine. Breathe in cool air or a cool humidifier mist (this helps to open airways and get clean air into the lungs). If the feeling doesn't subside, seek medical attention.In addition to hospitalization and medication to open airways, a person who has suffered from sever chem pnue gets to undergo Respiratory Therapy (you get to blow into tubes and try to move a little plastic ball inside them, the higher the ball goes, the better your lung capacity). Bronchitis and regular pnuemonia are more likely to occur from smoke but we have all those wonderful chem vapors around us so.....Incidents of this are relatively rare but it does happen. The best way to avoid it while performing fire breathing is to take your breath before you put your fuel in your mouth (instead of inhaling through your nose whilst holding the fuel between your tongue and teeth), aspirate or spit out all of the fuel and step away from your blow before you inhale again.I also want to say that this is not an illness for only the newbies, or those who are uninformed. The beloved professional of 35 years, Mephisto suffered from this for a few months several years ago, and while he made a full recovery it took him awhile to work back up to "full blow capacity".Hope this helps but doesn't frighten you, that is not my intent! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Audax, for all of this fire stuff it is more comfortable starting with a teacher but alas *sigh* it isn't always an option so it comes down to commitment, as pr!m@te said.I want to point out that no one source, not even me, has all the answers. In the end it comes down to your best judgement and the fire. If you have done your research and feel that all your questions have been answered, then practice with water until you are comfortable. Once you are at that point there is nothing left to do but go balls out.I am going to disagree with Pr!m@te about doing your first in front of a "real" audience. Sometimes the pressure to do well can be a distraction. Choose some friends who will cheer for you and protect you, and do it for them.If you would humor me I would like to add a few things to remember...1. Your safety needs to know that if your face/head goes up in flames not to put the damp towel over all your airways. You still need to breathe! S/he needs to be told to pat out fire on the face, smother anyplace else.2. It is bright. It is loud and it is hot!!!You are going to be approximately 12 inches or less away from a ball of fire (hopefully) larger than your head. There is *alot* of heat that comes out of it! Be ready for it. I have had people in my audiences tell me that they can feel the heat from 6 to 8 feet away, if that gives you any indication how powerful it is.3. Your first blow will most likely not be a pillar of fire that is 10 feet long. I know some people have been disappointed at that. Those types of blows come with technique refining and practice. (I am still working on that refining wink). What you are more likely to get is a Flashball, a ball of fire larger than your head that flashes very brightly and then kind of fades out. These are fun and wonderful as well (there are many times I intentionally do these), so don't feel bad about acheiving this instead of a towering plume!4. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it! Spit out the fuel and try again later. 5. Have fun! Between the roar, the heat, the brightness (if you do this in the dark, give your eyes a moment to adjust after the flash to the darkness again before you move...I almost fell once because I didn't wait!) the adrenaline from a blow is overwhelming!My best to you!Oh, and Mark P., we are subjected to carcingoens in daily life everywhere, however, many people look at it from the perspective of why add to it? And this is a very different kind of poison. When was the last time you drank a glass of water or went tanning and had to have your stomach pumped from it? I was just answering the question but imho I also feel it's better to be armed with the knowledge than be ignorant to the possibilities.Happy blows...with and without fire! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 08 November 2001).][This message has been edited by Pele (edited 08 November 2001).]

Pele

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
Thank you for the knowledge Pele. So what is the difference between the flashball and a good solid fire ball. I think I'm at the flash ball stage. With a full breath and as a comfortable amount of fuel in my mouth I can get two good "flashballs" and an anti-climactic whatever. Would a good fire ball be one full breath and when it's all gone so is the fuel? Because if that is the case, I try to do that, and it is hard to do. My lips and cheeks get tired.

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
hi Pele, I've replied to a few threads, but I've been fairlt busy. Since I got back from Costa Rica in June, and again from Backpacking in July, Ive been actually making an effort in school, not to mention my photography keeping me locked in the darkroom for days at a time. I have been trying to relearn poi for about the third time. It gets easier every time, one of these days I may actually not loose all ability wink luckily, it looks like the weather is a bit more kind this year, so I may be able to practice thru the winter. Other than that, its been just general business. Im going to continue to read the boards though. Keep up the good work!-PSM------------------"One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind."-Alphonse Bertillon

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
As I learned it there are three forms of fire breath, and once you become more proficient, you can decide and control which ones you want to present.Flash Ball = This is the one that requires the least amount of fuel. A small amount of fuel is in the mouth. All of the fuel is aspirated quickly through the torch flame resulting in a relatively small (meaning a couple feet across at most) ball of flame in front of the breathers face that is bright but the quickly dissipates. This looks more like a torch flare up than the traditional idea of a "fire breath".This can be done on one breath or several short puffs of one breath.Fire Ball = This requires a bit more fuel and is done similarly to a Flash Ball. All the fuel is aspirated quickly producing a large ball of flame that lingers for a few seconds about three feet above the breathers face before it dissipates. This also can be done in one breath or with practice a quick puff.Plume, Blow, Tower, Pillar = These are all the names used for the traditional image of a fire breath. About a shot's worth, or a little more, of fuel is held in mouth. Instead of it being aspirated all at once the breather aspirates it in a slow and steady motion, continually feeding fuel into the fire until the fuel is gone, and generally your breath but not always. This can be accompanied by taking steps backward to prevent blowbacks or the productions of a mass fireball (which is painfully hot!). This backward motion also serves to elongate your pillar. Pillars usually begin by looking the same as a Fire Ball but then tend to open upwards having the appearance of a mushroom cloud or a tower. The longest one I know of to date is 28 feet high. I have managed to get some into the 16+ feet category. However, Pillars tend to average anywhere from 4 to 10 feet for most firebreathers I know of (which is nothing to shrug about!). Once you have a good grasp on how to do each of these kinds of breaths safely, mixing and matching can be done for effect. Why do your cheeks hurt Maelstrom afterward?In truth your cheeks should have nothing to do with it. It is kind of likened to this in my mind...ever see a really good trumpet player? They vibrate their lips while controlling their breath using their diaphragm and not their cheeks, because it does hurt your face after awhile. Try it this way and it might help (it's how I do it at least), take a deep breath. Now instead of puffing up your cheeks suck them in **a little bit** between your teeth to help funnel the fuel towards your lips. Now do your breath out. Vibrate your lips with your cheeks more in (almost like a pucker)and use your diaphragm/abdomen to control the force and motion of your breath. It feels funny but once you get the concept it is easier to control everything you are doing.It isn't as easy it looks to get the effects you desire, for certain, but with practice I know you can get it. Hell, if I can, anyone can!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 09 November 2001).]

Pele

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Being an ex trumpet player and heavy chorist, as well as a fairly practised blower, I have managed to get some really pretty impressive balls... I don't know actually what they are, It's difficult to tell when you are actually doing them, but I've had ones that lingered about two seconds after I got my vision back...When I do a big blow my mouth is almost completely full of fuel, and I blow it out as fast as possible while still aspirating it properly, which takes about two to three seconds.Anyway, could you tell me more about the plume/tower technique? I might be doing them, I don't know, I've never seen myself, but I don't think so. I always seem to get a big ball... It can be up to four metres in width... I guess I can't really see how long/high it is...Oh, one tip... I had some meths which i was doing boric acid in, and i had a tiny bit left, and i just stuck it in the paraffin bucket. The next time, I breathed using this mixture, because I had forgotten what was in it.AVOID DOING THIS.1) It is FOUL tasting! Actually repulsive.2) It made me drunk and gave me an evil hangover the next day.3) It made me feel like I needed to vomit for about two hours afterwards (This is due to an additive to the meths I think)oh and it's quite impressively poisonous, having methanol and boric acid in it, the latter of which is sold as a roach poison...

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
In truth I guess they don't realy "hurt" my face just gets tired. One night a bunch of us really had at it. I had to stop. My face was tired and I couldn't get it to work right anymore. I think I've got the method down, without having it explained to me. But now the I've read your example, I have an even better idea of what to think about and notice while preforming. Thanks again Pele! With my new understanding the whole thing should feel alot smoother now.

flixfyrePLATINUM Member
9 posts

Posted:
I've been told by a vet that boric acid is used as ingredient in their ant poison.. not good
I had some residue on an eating torch once.. never again!! Am extremely careful keeping my green fuel and eating torches separate now
I use kero if I have to but extended use can give a type of contact dermatitus.. slight rash
and kero breath
pegasol 3440 special seems to be the best I've found in n.z, if anyone wants to share costs I can get a 200liter drum for around $550
Its the least flammable I've found with little taste, smell and of comparable toxicity to kero
It is dangerous but so much fun.. a crowd pleaser definately ...guess you just have to measure your own risks

Though easier to walk in the footsteps of others in soft sand - making your own path does become easier - and at least when you look back you know how far you have come...

Page: