Chotysmember
91 posts

Posted:
.[This message has been edited by Chotys (edited 29 September 2001).]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh the moderators are not going to like this one. No, no, no. This clearly breaks rule number 3. Not good at all.May the poi gods have mercy upon your soul dear child, for the moderators wrath will be upon thee soon enough... wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
ummmmm. like do you mind like maybe umm like emailing her directly??::twirls hair around fingers::

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
I'm sure this reply violates rule number three too, but hey. :-P Hopefully the poi gods are having a good day.Yes, choyts, I do live in Dunedin. And yeah, that's Baldwin street, it's 10 minutes walk from my house. It's verrry verrry steep and there are steps up the sides instead of footpaths. It's always filled with tourists who drive halfway up and then go "fuck this" and turn around again. Earlier this year two people went down it in a wheelie bin at 3am, one of them died when they hit a trailer. It must have been awful. (yes, it was a very silly thing for them to do, but imagine how frightening it must have been!). What on earth are you doing a project on Baldwin Street for? smileoh yeah, and if anyone ever wants to get in touch with me my email is jacinta@graffiti.net. I don't visit these boards very often any more so this is the best way to reach me. Seeya! smilexaeda

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Hmmm ummm (twirls hair around finger)...Being a little pedantic, not all personal posts need be by email, but preferably any purely personal ones.This post I read as asking someone about where they live and some of the finer points of Dunedin, which may well be of interest to a lot of people on the board and may qualify for a "point of interest" thread.Chotys - Rewording your post topic (yes I know this is pedantic, but its not that much trouble either) to something like"Xaeda, could you tell HoP visters a bit more about Dunedin"And then have the same opening post.Noo-one knows the wiser, and your question gets answered. What also happens is that if Xaeda doesnt see your post, someone else can answer it...[Hope I don't get in trouble with the other moderators ---------)------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Code128member
69 posts

Posted:
Hmm how to word the following to make it agreeable to said moderators?Xaeda in your opinion what are the major reasons that someone very much like yourself who was part of this board from the beginning is now no longer an active member of the HOP.Just wondering, also I saw the Circles of Light video recently and you were awesome! Cute too.Code128

------------------
A.N.T.H.E.L.I.O.N

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Code128: One of the reasons a lot of people left was wayyyyy before moderators came into play, was actually why this board became moderated.

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
(Violation of rule 1.)I get sad whenever I hear the "all the cool people left because..." arguement. I've seen many a cool person come and go and I think of this forum of a bar/lounge of sorts. People come, hang out, make friends, find a new bar. Not because this bar sucks but because life happens. People grow, people change. New people come to the bar. The old people whine about how the new people don't show the bar respect. The old people find a new bar. Then the new people turn into old people. I kind of enjoy the circle of life...I'm not disagreeing with anyone, more strand of thoughts. I think the moderators are doing a fine job. Sometimes I even try to help them. I know I've been ribbing them a bit lately (flirting with flash? nawwww...) but I think the moderators do a fine job. And it is a better bar with 'em.Me? I come for the pie.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
hello :-)Charles - yeah, I know this post probably breaks the rule too :-P I figure it's not that bad, as it clearly had my name in the topic line so people that aren't xaeda can skip over it. except for silly people like you wink It was an irrelevant post, but at least it didn't trick everyone into reading it.Code - the atmosphere on this board had nothing to do with me deciding to give it a break for a while. I did a search for my name a while ago, to see if there was anything I needed to answer, and found a couple of messages from people saying things like "oh, she's moved on, she must think she's too cool for us", or words to that effect. It's *nothing* like that, I promise! :-) It's more that over summer (uh, winter for you, I guess) when the board really started to take off, I had large amounts of free time and flatmates who were never home but had flat-rate internet access I could use. Now I'm back in Dunedin and have to use the computers at uni, and with my classes, study, volunteer work and other things, I just don't have the time to spend several hours a week trawling through posts. Also I've had trouble in the past with rsi (also known as ctd or oos, basically it's when your hands seize up if you use them too often), and I don't want to risk getting it again. It's one of those things that is always sitting in the background, waiting to return if I get too stressed or do too much typing or repetitive movement. Kinda like being an alcoholic or something......you'll always have the risk even if your symptoms are gone. And it's terrible to be an otherwise young, healthy person who can't even lift a milk bottle let alone do staff or poi! So yeah, that's another reason why I'm staying away from too much computer work.Yes, I did enjoy the board when it was small and personal and everyone was asking questions that hadn't ever been asked before, but I also like it now, with so many people and ideas and opinions floating round. And I do pop my head in every now and then. (and usually end up getting drawn into discussions like this and sticking around for a little while). If any posts come up that ask me questions or where I could add valuable input, it'd be great if people would email me. I do try to reply! love you all,xaeda

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
oh, and Charles......as i remember you don't really have enough hair to twirl it round your finger :-P well, not in a girly twirly way, anyway wink

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
More off-topicednessif i was to have emailed Xaeda using the email listed in her profile, would she receive it?Or should i rewrite and send to the one you just listed above?

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
Frenzie - it's possible I may have missed it, bigfoot isn't very reliable these days. I've changed my profile now to include the graffiti address.

Code128member
69 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the info X. Actually I put your answer together from another post that I was reading, but thanks anyway, hope you didnt aggravate anything. Oh and NYC I think you need to leave the Bar now, it is a school nite. Code

------------------
A.N.T.H.E.L.I.O.N

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Ain't nobuddy gunna tell me when I've had enuf to drink... hic!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Hey, this is becoming a fun little post now... (Just right for the social section)Xaeda - Did I say it was MY hair I was twirling a round my finger? (Grin). grinI'm sorry to hear about your RSI issue. I've had some trouble in the past and the best thing I did was learn to use the shortcut keys for surfing, rather than the mouse, it works wonders!NYC - Lucid and sensible as usual (choke gag choke cough)... People have trouble thinking that people's lives influence their surfing time, as well as purely BB factors and everything else, you are correct, and Xaeda proved you right too (yay you!). smileThe main reason I'm on the site a lot is that I currently have easy access, and tend to SMS my fiance a lot at the same time. Obviously I'm also here because I like the site and get a lot of information from it, but that is secondary to my easy access...And Xaeda, I still don't have that hadn action for doing fast front spins right, I guess I've been doing the other way too much...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hmm, I'm having login problems, I promise I'm still me though.MODERATORRRR!!!!!Charles is twirling other peoples' hair around his fingers, kick him out for harrassing the patrons!;-) heeheheeheeheeUm, hmm, this is an awfully silly thread now. At least *I* have an excuse for being here, *my* name's in the topic line :-P As for the rest of you......Charles - my solution for oos was mainly to avoid stress (and *being* stressed, they're 2 different things) as much as possible. This is probably a bad thing as I'm now so damn laid back that my attitude tends to be..."pssht, philosophy essay shmilosophy essay, no point in stressing, i'll just hand it in late.....or not at all.....". I wonder if stress-phobia is a good enough reason for granting extensions? heh. Anyways, yeah, I did lots of physio and stuff at the time but I think mostly what helped was a lifestyle and attitude change. Code - what answer? sorry, I'm baffled, you've lost me. Meh, I'm being swamped by acrid welding fumes, damn this under-construction library. time to evacuate.xaeda

Code128member
69 posts

Posted:
Xaeda the answer was your reply to my original question of why we dont see much of you anymore. NYC I know you feel entitled to drink to excess because the Bars dont ever seem to close where you are, but son drunk and stupid is no way to go through life. tongueJust kidding here in Beantown (Boston) im lucky if 1 or 2 am can roll around without the lights coming on for last call. Code128

------------------
A.N.T.H.E.L.I.O.N

Chotysmember
91 posts

Posted:
.[This message has been edited by Chotys (edited 29 September 2001).]

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
hey, choyts, calm down, it's just sarcasm :-)we're all just kidding around, you didn't piss anyone off. technically you broke a rule but to be honest nobody really cares and I'm sure we still luv ya just the same. But I still wanna know why on earth you're studying Dunedin! heeheehee.charles - no such apology goes out to you, we're all deeply disturbed by your drunken debaucherous hair-twirling ;-)hah.xaeda