wulffmember
79 posts

Posted:
Well i lit up friday night and finished off a 32oz bottle of lamp oil in the process. It was great. I thought just spinning was addictive, ha, add the fire and its hard to stop. I got a few pics and a 15 sec vid cap, but damn my dig cam sucks for fire (no trails at all, infact it looks like i'm twirling a strobing flame)Anyways... i've read a few places where people say put them out when the flame is 2 inches above the poi... well i had done the whole presoak and cure thing and well my flames would sometimes spin out before the flame would go down at all... any opinions on this?wulff the addictps. THANKS 4 the POI MALCOLM!

wulff

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I know that I sometimes my wicks are premature.... blush uhh they go out too early *looks around sheepishly* I think it might be because I spin them too quickly - maybe we both need some help from someone more experienced.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
In my experience, if you turn the flash off on your digital camera then you get trails. At least that's wht I did for my pics... https://www.homeofpoi.com/photos/photo71.htm
They're staff pics but you get the idea.As to wicks; just relight them. Make sure they're good and lit b4 you start spinning - turn them round to make sure all sides are burning. Oh, and make sure they get a good dowsing of fuel before you start as well (spin off the excess tho obviously).Someone'll be along in a bit to tell you my advice is nonsense and give you they're own. Not to worry. Eventually someone's bound to tell you something that actually works..... tongue------------------C@ntus

Meh

wulffmember
79 posts

Posted:
i gotta agree with you on the too fast thing bendy cause i am right handed and its my right poi that always goes out first.... coincidence? i think not *gryn* hehehehand cantus thanks.. i did finally get some kewl pics, but some1 else used a diff camera... problem w/ my cam is lack of easily controlled f-stops. https://www.nytefyre.net/party_pics.htmlwulff

wulff