Forums > Technical Discussion > " can someone please help me im just a beginner"

Login/Join to Participate

pruemember
3 posts

Posted:
hi im just new to firetwirling and i have made my last few sticks. i dont have the right wix so bits have been flying off everywhere. i am getting a poi and new stick but i need help with my moves. basically i have just tried what i have seen others do so could u please give me a site or somewhere i could look up to understand all the moves and there names. also if you have any fav moves or anything. thanx

smileemember
40 posts

Posted:
Hi Prue you have found the best web site I have seen on the web yet. Try looking at the "poi lessons" page or the "staff lessons" page. You'll find a varity of tricks, complete with video, written explaination, and names ect. Keep practicing, and don't get discouraged. By the way, what are you using to make your poi, and how are you putting them together? I may be able to help you improve on your design. Also check out the "Faq" page, you may find some helpful info. Happy spinning!

later - Smilee

pruemember
3 posts

Posted:
thanx so much for thati am going to a shop in melbourne this monday to have a look at a few things and i thought i might go the easy way out and just buy a poi. i have my first show at an opening of a skate park so i want to get good. i need as much parctise as possible!!!! oh well i will give it a go. thanx for your help smillee

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hey Prue, you say your wicks are not so good maybe you have already fixed the problem but you can get some really good quality kevlar from this site's shop.Well good luck anyways.
Non-Https Image Link
F_S------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Linkovich SeKioAmember
3 posts

Posted:
Hey prue, it's SeKioA, if ya wanna get together and have a spin, e-mail me sometime, and i'll try to get over where you are. spike3@hotmail.com, thats all, catch