DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
We just invented a new poi toy, it is a spiked mace poi. We took a rubber dog toy that is round with lots of soft rubber spikes on it, covered it with that black rubber coating (the stuff you coat tool handles with, available in hardware stores everywhere) and attached them to our poi chains using wire through the middle and a washer. It looks just like a spiked mace head, only much safer to twirl. We are using it for a midaevil performance.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I know a guy that uses iron mace heads.

Meh

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
ummm i thought a mace was a spiked club and a flail was the traditional ball and chain

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
sounds cool looking to me, at least you will get the effect you are looking for, try actually hitting one of your friends after playing around for a bit and he can squirt out some catsup and it will look like you have really damaged him...i would love to see the reaction of a crowds face after that.

anyone got a light?

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Good idea pozee. I witnessed some 'games' on the weekend, where one was a knife fight between two blokes. From a distance it looked like they were using real knives and were actually cutting eachother. Some of us gasped as the first cuts were inflicted. At the first break, I was relieved to see they were using plastic knives with lipstick on them!! Very, very, very effective.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Oh my goodness, that is a great idea, pozee!!! And then I can start hitting him while he is down! and then I get arrested by the cops HAH HAH HAH! wonder if I could sue them afterwards for false arrest...No realy, I haven't tryed doing any wraps with them yet....Hold that though...I'll be right back...(30 minutes go by) *heavy breathing* *limping* blush well, I managed to beat myself to a pulp, these things are kind of heavy, semi-soft, but heavy. The black rubber coating makes the spikes a little harder, I wouldn't sugest hitting yourself in the eye with them either, or the nuts...I'll try and get a picture of them on here latter....after I recover. wink

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Mace is a stick/club type thing with heavy striking head with or without spikes.Morning star is similar except with chain inbetween.(medieval) flail is the same as a morning star, but occasionally has multiple chains + heads.These were all popular when heavy armour became widespread as swords were somewhat inneffective.

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well if you want to get into semantics then i know this guy who uses morning star heads. But he took them off maces so they're mace heads. Mostly they dont get used as poi these days anyway. They're usually used as a vague threat when there's trouble in his pub. They breed their landlords strange in Leeds.... winkand chris is one of the strangest.... grin------------------C@ntus

Meh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
yeah santana, and then when you get the handcuffs on you can grab you poi again and start spinning, and then you may get shot but of course you will have to tell the police to pull their shots so they dont go into your chest too far, and then...no wait that could be bad, nevermind.

anyone got a light?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
All ahead full....------------------C@ntus

Meh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
did i just see an english submarine go by?

anyone got a light?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
British. My good fellow, British.------------------C@ntus

Meh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
ahhh, i messed up again. my apologies, british it isat least it wasnt russian this time yes? wink

anyone got a light?

MadGirlBettymember
13 posts

Posted:
When I was first told what poi was, and couldn't remember (I have a horrible memory) I used to try and remember it because it reminded me of a morning star. Obviuosly, that is now more true than ever.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
[This message has been edited by santanatwo (edited 28 October 2001).][This message has been edited by santanatwo (edited 28 October 2001).]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Ok it doesn't seem to be working...try this link to view the spiked macewww.geocities.com/santanatwo/spikedmace.html

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
oooo cool, I'll bet my woman would like to have a pair!