pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i was just wondering if it was a misconception that jet fuel is like the best stuff for a fire. like it will give you the best burn. actually jp-5 (jet fuel) is sooo hard to ignite. i get drenched in it regularly and then go and have a smoke. it is next to impossible to light...is there maybe some other aviation fuel that i am not aware of that is gods gift to the pyromaniac? besides embiber beads?

anyone got a light?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Acctually, I've formulated a highly flamable concoxion. It's one part _--__-- and two parts_--___-__-, EXTREAMLY FLAMABLE WHEN MIXED! Pozee, what a dork, Who named you, the fairy god mother. And I hear you and myst kick it a lot, I guess the FAIRY god mother did raise you. I'll break you off in my sleep. And Myst, No contest.Eric"MYST"I mean doh... It wans't me pozee, the voices made me do it.uhhhh John, yeah, that's my name, yeah

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i know the voices did not make you do it... because they talk to me not you...

anyone got a light?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Isn't jet fuel ***extremely*** refined Kero? At least that is what they use out at our small local airport. It would stand to reason it would work....except in large amounts...then I am picturing Sept 11 again.You ganna try it Pozee and let us know? Gotta be a guinea pig sometime! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I've seen Jet A fuel used for firespinning. It didn't seem especially hard to light, but it was really stinky and smoky.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Auger282member
81 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429498842)

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I had the same thought Auger, when I said it!Oops! smile

Pele

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You've all been sniffing the fuels again haven't you? confused grinAll fuels have to have a high flash point or they'd burst into flames shockedat room tempreture. ------------------C@ntus

Meh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Actually Cantus, gasolene, white gas, naptha (sp??) and butane all have relatively low flash points. Kept in a warm garage they will burst into flames, especially if kept in a pressurized container (such as a butane canister) shocked....it ain't pretty. Shrapnel and flamey bits everywhere. It's why proper fuel storage is soooooo important and why the heavy duty plastic containers are best.Cheers.As for sniffing fuel..well...yeah...I did some fire breathing last night...it was inevitable! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
PeleI live in England so a warm garage will never be an issue.------------------C@ntus

Meh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
jp-5, is the jet fuel that the f-18 uses, and i can literaly put my cigarette out in it and nothing. light a lighter right in front of my face when my hands are covered in it and it does nothing...

anyone got a light?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Which is what I tried to say before Pele came along and started whittering on about petrol and butane.....It has to have a high flash point or aircraft ( I missed out that word last time maybe that's what confused her wink) would be exploding all over the place. My dad worked in the petroleum industry for most of his life and could regale you with a hundred horror stories. But he's old and i wont let him near the computer as he can only type with one finger so he'd be here for a week....------------------C@ntus

Meh

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
ummm white phosphorus poi?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
cantus, okay, so if i did somehow get it to light, would it wotk any better than other regular store bought fuels that i use?this makes me curious now. how about some napalm? j/k i wouldnt know where to find that...

anyone got a light?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
you can make your own napalm from gasoline and gelatine. It's kinda fun. Highly lethal.I should think that jp-5 would burn just as effeciently as other fuels. You'd have to keep an eye on your wicks tho.As with all of these things the only way to know for sure is to try it. Better still find some other fool to try it.....------------------C@ntus

Meh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
thank you replies the fool...yeah, i thought i heard something about gasoline and styrafoam is one way to do a napalm thing. not sure though. the real stuff is nasty though i tell you what...

anyone got a light?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ah, memories of a misspent youth.....My recipe sticks to stuff, burns like a bastard and makes short work of large public structures..... I feel i should stop talking now as i fear i may incriminate myself! tongue grin wink------------------C@ntus

Meh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
wait a minute, i remember you.. get him, he burned down that one thing in that one place with that one stuff that he made that one time... im on to you cantus wink

anyone got a light?

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
The reason aviation fuel is so tricky to light is that it's basically refined diesel and therefore needs some measure of compression along with a decent heat source to ignite.That's all, thanks for listening!------------------We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

kneurbitmember
13 posts

Posted:
I know the feeling of getting soaked with jet fuel (aircraft mechanic) Jet fuel isn't that much different from kero except the fact that there are alot more additives to keep it from gelling at 30,000' in the wingtanks. And there are some additives to keep microbial growth to a minimum in the tanks. Hence the really smelly and smokey burn characteristics

I create, I destroy... who said you can't have the best of both worlds!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It was a railway bridge. And I didn't make the stuff I found it by the side of the track.I was 14. It was a long time ago. Can we drop it now please? tongue------------------C@ntus

Meh