Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Using Large Shop Towels that I purchased at Discount Auto Parts today, and following Pele's instructions (and a little ingeniousnes), I have made my first set of towel wicks, that have wick-core(only coathanger in the middle), they are as fat around as a regular tube-core wicks. (: They look nice! They look so nice in fact, I've decided that I'm going to make another set just to keep dry as a practice set(and never burn). And the best thing about them is their price! They cost $.49 for each poi(So $1 per set). And they come in red or blue. :P They weigh about as much as my kevlar cathedral wicks. I'm anxious to see how much they weigh after soaked. Still drying..give it another hour or so..Crazy Raver DudeP.L.U.R.[This message has been edited by CrazyRaverDude (edited 21 October 2001).]

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Crazy idea....Glue Fireworks(of the fountain variety) to the outside of some fabric wicking...of course attach all the pieces together with wicking..light both wicks on both pois, and start spinning. Would it work??CRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Results:I have discovered that it isn't advisable to just squirt charcoal lighter fluid onto a new fabric wick. It needs pre-soaked. Like in a tin of Kero. Well...the flames we're as big as I had hoped. They were about as big as my cathedrals, but only lasted maybe a minute and a half at best with coleman's. (Versus 3-4mins with cathedrals) I'm going to try and make it to the store to buy like three containers of charcoal lighter fluid(kero is harded to get to), and try soaking em tonight before I spin them again. Hopefully this will make a difference... (:------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-