Forums > Technical Discussion > Sauce lightsticks (pictures!)

Login/Join to Participate

krystiemember
22 posts

Posted:
I know these things were brought up in another post, but it was a little off-topic, and I think they deserve their own thread.Here are some pics of my sauce sticks. I love the different modes on them, but I think for these pictures I only used two- the sweep, and random colors.https://www.monkey.sbay.org/~kristen/poi/sauce/and sorry about the format, I got lazy and didn't put them on a real page.Btw, a quick note on music. I did a burn the other night, and finished with my Sauce sticks (wash mode) to the "radio mix", or "pop mix" of Enya's "Only Time". I thought it was a pretty nice ending, and it got a good response too. I love that song.Kristen

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
pretty phat..I'll have to get me a pair of those. :PCRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
How they hold up? My RAV'N have been good to me even though i thrash them.( i gotta send em to LRI to have em replaced cause i fiddled with the switch, my fault not theres but, shhhhhh)Oh on another note i made some christmas light poi, after being inspired by Knagi's electric christmas light staff he made.THEY RULE! thats all

We are defined by the choices we make

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
what are you using to power the christmas lights?------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
well i cut a string of lights down so it was just a string of four lights,, i atatched one end to a 9V battery(the small rectangle ones) the other end to one side of a button switch and then a wire going from that back to the battery.it's lights the 4 up pretty good , anymore it kinda gets dim.Knagi however said he got a strand of specially made battery powered christmas lights so a 9V lights the whole thing up good. When he gets back from Earthdance i'm gonna have to ask him to get me some since my local craft store doesn't have them(those bastards). He said they ran him about 6 bucks each.

We are defined by the choices we make

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
Your pictures are fantastic - Im a real fire head but they look great. What are Sauce lights and where can i get some?

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I finnaly got to see a set of sause lights in person... I'm much happyer I spent more money to get these's stupid lights that break non stop and kill the batterys at unbelivable speeds. Some how the sause lights just seemed alittle... how should I say it without offeneding ppl who have them... NM I won't say it smileI like the clean cut of the rav'n lightsShould I post the designs for a 10 dollar beaming staff here doctor? Naw we'll keep'em wondering. However the lights I have are strings of 10 lights that run off two C batterys. with an indestrucable on off switch. One string multi color'ed the other string white. Wish I had time to make some multi colored beaming glowsticks befor pdf. frown------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
Really really beautiful !!!Sorry, I am not very familiar with these, could you please explain a bit what it is ?Do you hold these ? spin them with a string ?what does it look like whe you buy them ?Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I was wondering that too. What are they exactly?------------------C@ntus

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ah, I met one of the guys that invented them or at least something very similar.------------------C@ntus[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 18 October 2001).]

Meh

krystiemember
22 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the link, Malcolm. That site gives a pretty good description.I bought mine at REI for us$14.99 each:https://www.rei.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=10499110&prmenbr=8000They've held up pretty well, but I certainly wouldn't practice brand-new moves on them. They come with a little strap (which I threw out right away) that connects to a loop on the battery end. I've thought about re-inforcing the loop because it's just plastic, but haven't done so yet. I just clip them onto my chains to twirl. It might be a little overkill, but it works.. They're heavier than glowsticks but feel a bit lighter than tennis balls. Btw, here is Sauce's website, they have some other color-changing things. https://www.cksauce.com/

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
Thanks for all the information. Couldnt ask for anything more really, could I?

wulffmember
79 posts

Posted:
Those are some awesome pictures. Now I'm wondering if I should have bought them last night when I played with them at RadioShack. The funny thing is I was sitting there wondering how the looked spining and viola! a post about it.wulff

wulff