Forums > Social Chat > fire festivals in australia, NZ, samoa

Login/Join to Participate

onebigdoormember
2 posts

Posted:
if any of you know festivals in any of these countries that are worth checking out, i'd love to hear about them. i'm specifially interested in festivals featuring, or including some kind of fire arts. if you could tell me dates, and the generall vibe of the festivals, i'd really appreciate it.thanks much.

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
well the only fire festival that comes to mind right off the bat would be the samoan fire knife competition that is held in hawaii. i think that the event is connected to the polynesian cultural center. from what i have heard there are some amazing fire performers at that event.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Just about to start up again should be Firenight here in Auckland, NZ. It's a weekly gathering of Firies doing their thing and everyone is welcome.It was every Tuesday night down in Victoria Park last summer, and while not a festival, is great to attend to learn or even just watch.Contact B. at Balloonski (juggling shop), ph is 09 379 8984 or cruise into St Kevin's Arcade on Karangahape Road. He'll have all the updated info.Cheers------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
https://www.summerdreaming.com.aunot
just a fire only festival, but music festival that attracts a lot of fire people.What dates are you looking for? Now, January? over our summer?------------------Frenzie - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net**Updates to page coming shortly**

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

firenomadmember
26 posts

Posted:
Festivals this weekend at Wollombi has a fire event on sunday and Bellingen has some fire stuff. Then there's Woodford/Maleny at the end of the year, it has a fire event at the end. Earth dance has some in mid Oct.Yeah for Spring & Summer!!!!------------------

firenomadmember
26 posts

Posted:
Festivals this weekend at Wollombi has a fire event on sunday and Bellingen has some fire stuff. Then there's Woodford/Maleny at the end of the year, it has a fire event at the end. Earth dance has some in mid Oct.Yeah for Spring & Summer!!!!------------------

firenomadmember
26 posts

Posted:
Festivals this weekend at Wollombi has a fire event on sunday and Bellingen has some fire stuff. Then there's Woodford/Maleny at the end of the year, it has a fire event at the end. Earth dance has some in mid Oct.Yeah for Spring & Summer!!!!

firenomadmember
26 posts

Posted:
Festivals this weekend at Wollombi has a fire event on sunday and Bellingen has some fire stuff. Then there's Woodford/Maleny at the end of the year, it has a fire event at the end. Earth dance has some in mid Oct.Yeah for Spring & Summer!!!!

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Well, in Victoria, Australia, there is a pretty cool festival called "Rainbow Serpent" A lot of you folk may have heard of it.It’s not really a "fire festival" as such, it’s a trance festival and it really, really, really rocks if you are into Psy-trance and Goa… but anyway…. they do have fire performers there, and you are welcome to fire-twirl there. There are a lot of people who twirl there, Josh and I have seen people do some cool moves, that we haven't seen anywhere else in our travels. That's at the end of January. The Australia Day weekend I think, and it generally goes for 3 days.....Also *apparently* another festival in Vic. called "Confest" has some of Australia’s best fire twirling. BUT I have not seen it myself so, I am only going on what I have heard.Well that’s all I know! smileLove and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
see my reply about an NZ festival in the thread you posted before about NZ and Aus :-)xaeda

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
Oh dear...this msg board changes every few days??tee hee.. I know some funny things about confest that make it sound rather ... hmmm.... unappealing I suppose in a few ways...(Don't get me wrong I'm sure it has a bundle of good points too) if anyone is planning on going (and hasn't been before!) please tell me so I can warn you smile Although who knows, perhaps it won't be a deterrent for some ... winkhave fun.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

**SMILEY**member
6 posts

Posted:
Confest is great!! it runs twice a year. There are many fire twirlers including some that I would say the best I have seen..but yes it isn't a "normal" type of festival.. it is in the middle of the bush with a creek...I don't even know where to begin to try exlain it...but lets just say, if you love getting back to nature, have a very open mind to diffent types of people and lifestyles.. then it may be just for you. for more info check out https://www.dte.org.au

Let's just say I was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. That's all it was: just curiosity. (Morrison in Los Angeles, 1969)

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hey Splat!Katinca and I are probly going - wanna let us all in on the reason(s) why we shouldnt?As far as I can tell, there is only really two places good fire twirlers congrigate over NYE, woodford and confest.We cant afford Woodford, and dont particularly want to go there either (aside from seeing the fire twirling)...Josh

rangerbethanymember
70 posts

Posted:
a few weekends ago 'tribal eye' was up @ woodford... did anyone go? splat? lots of great twirling to watch and swap tricks. apart from the leaches it was all fun and games. we were dancing in mud at sunrise thanks to the non stop rain. has anyone ever been to a fstival where it hasn't rained?i'm gonna bye some gumboots smilebeth

floating
drifting
fading away
how could these stimulants lead us astray?