Forums > Technical Discussion > Kewl Staff for non fire or glowstick alternative

Login/Join to Participate

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
I happened to be browsing the net looking for electronic equiptment when I came across a juggling supply store. I found this staff and thought that it looked kinda kewl.Check it out.https://www.globall.com/Staffpro.htm------------------Blessings to all, Peter "There is a rhythm that unites us with the natural world. The more we learnto feel that rhythm and get it into the mainstream of our lives, thestronger can be our spirit."--- Robert Rodale

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
and for a mere 220 GBP I can acquire one!! I'm not known for being frugal, but even I wouldn't spend that kinda dosh on one staff.Does anyone here have one??moving you over to technical smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
i saw someone with that at the drome... looked sick, although you couldn't tell how fast he was spinning it when he was doing it fast. oddly enough, he wouldn't let me have a go...

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
whats that diablo toy on the site..they provide no picture and an sucky description..can sumone hook me up with a pic or sumthing

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
Nevermind...i did a search n i found it... its quite interesting really..and i played with one before...it makes a killer sound..and its pretty hard to use..

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
sounds sweet!questions: will HOP be selling them?what is the length of each staff?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
im getting one of those...*smiles n nods*...oooOOOOOOooooooo they are sooooo pretty..... smilegoafirep.s. how much in uk money is it? hehe.....ignore my terminology....*grins cheekily*

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
OOOOOHHHHHH MY GOD!I'm so excited now! I've only just started learning staff and I've been dreaming of having a toy like this! wooohooooyippeee do da! grin

stay smilin

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
OH DUDE! DUDE OH!I want one. No, no, I NEED one!! shockedBut they need to be longer damn it!

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Seems really, really cool, but I wish it didn't use watch batteries. For the kind of use most of us would put it to, rechargeables would be vastly preferable. Grr.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
thats it...not only am i a poier...its time for me to take up the staff smile...how much is that killer peice of equiptment in US dollars??and is there any way to paint the case yellow thus creating an orange effect

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
PLease!I'd like to see a review of the new glow staff!!As soona as anyone gets one please tell me, does it look as good as it does in the video?does it glow as much?if it does, I'm so getting one.Josh

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
ElectroGlo Staff Review:Well my staff came on friday! (thanx Malcolm) and after about 5 mintues of trying to undo the masking tape around the end i finally broke through and got my staff!Took it out that night and it does look as good as the video, it has the 2 LED lights in each end and theyre very bright! Looks great when u spin (btw i got the blue one).Only thing for me is that it isnt long enough for me as a single staff...im used to a bit longer, but i will probably buy another one and use them as doubles.Its going to be a great fire alternative this summer when a lot of the time there are total fire bans across the state which means no fire at bush parties frown------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Thanx Malcolm!!!The length will actually be perfect for doubles which is great!As a single its fine, will just take some time getting used to. spin it a little faster than id like and tends to go off and twirl on its own :PThats sucks about restrictions on length with shipping, but i guess its better than getting your staff in 3 pieces when its meant to be one!------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
MalcolmI can't help noticing that they're sold out.I got all excited about them. I need 2 ( I want 6, I can afford 2) I started drafting my letter to Santa and everything. And you haven't got any left.I'm off to sulk with my stupid, plain old homemade glostaff... frown frown frown frown------------------C@ntus

Meh

FyreKatmember
3 posts

Posted:
Try going to Bandshoppe.com. I have ordered a couple of great things from them. They have clear flag poles in various sizes that work great to put glowsticks inside of. The also have a glowstick baton. Very cool place. Good Luck!FyreKat

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Check this out at the very bottom..https://www.bandshoppe.com/html/specialpoles.htmlFlag chains...seems like it would be a phat alternative to fire poi. :PCRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Just a quick update. My first impression of the electroglow staffs is that they are light (weight), slippery and easy to spin. They are great for doubles, and I think they will be especially good for finger spinning as they move easily between the fingers and tend to run-on a bit. They run-on because they have weights (washers) under each end cap (rubber chair stopper). The ones I have are bright enough, and look really cool at night, however, you have to be spot on when you spin, because they look crappy if your spinning is a bit off centre (if you know what I mean). They are durable, and the only small problem I noticed was having to remove the rubber end caps to switch them on and off. Batteries are supposed to last about 50 hrs. I would also like a longer electroglo staff, but apart from shipping considerations, I don't think the LED's would support (be bright enough) for a longer staff. smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh