Forums > Technical Discussion > Why can't I cut and paste onto the forum?

Login/Join to Participate

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I guess this goes in the technical section...In previous posts I have wanted to copy and paste websites from my browser as well as quotes from other previous posts but can't figure out how. I have cut and pasted from word documents but not from other websites. It seems I can't paste stuff like that in the "message" section of the forum using the traditional "edit>copy-paste" method. Is there another way? Or do I need to manually type it each time?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Bassmanmember
95 posts

Posted:
You should be able to copy and paste just fine. Sometimes the text box doesn't get updated properly though so it may look like it didn't paste when it actually did. Try doing a cut and paste, and then hit enter or type something so that the text box knows to refresh itself. That always seems to work for me.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Windows 98 / IE5I guess this goes in the technical section...https://lw9fd.law9.hotmail.msn.com/--windows 98 / NN4.74Only forum leaders (Administrator, Moderator) or the person that posted this message may edit or delete this message. Only registered users may edit/delete posts!https://lc2.law13.hotmail.passport.com/cgi-bin/login-----------works fine for me with both browsers...if you are still having problems drop me a private and we can work through it together, and hopefully work it out.Josh[This message has been edited by [Josh] (edited 16 September 2001).]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Wierd... I figured it out. I can't cut and paste using the AOL menus at the top of the page. They give it as an option but it doesn't work. It does work if I use "control x, c, or v" Wierd.Well, now at least I know how to do it... Thanks all. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]