WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
yeah i must sound like an idiot..but i need sum good gel...its been incredibly humid in NYC the past three days...and my hair doesnt stay up for junk anymore..so far ive used tresume and LA looks 5 (the strongest they have) does anyone have any suggestions???

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
Tried and true punk Rock Formula: Wood Glue + Blow Dryer-PSM

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
dude i dont wanna smell bad or make my hair more flamable than it is lol

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Black and white... its a wax but amazingly strong. I had a guy who made like horns with it for a laugh and it stayed that way for days even after he washed it.

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Haha ,, My Punk friend uses Elmers glue. He also went to And Odd Job or Odd Lot store and bought a tub of cheap ass gel for a buck so he just uses a a hand full of that to get his hair all spiked up sometimes.The wax's will keep your hair up for days straight, but you'll have to wash your hair for a few hours to get even a little out, and even then it might feel funny. However i think there are products that get the wax out but i'm not sure what they are called. Anyone?

We are defined by the choices we make

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
i dont have like punk hair or anything...its just i got kind of a johnny bravo thing going...lol...and it got really irrating when 1/2 my hair was up....and the other half was in my eyes...but whatever...my gel is acting normal...i guess it must have been cuz i didnt use enough...or cuz i mixed it with tresume...well whatever...thanks for your help...if i ever decide to spike up my hair again (once it was like 7 inches up or sumthing) ill give elmers glue a try lol

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
BUT elmers clue STINXZ!

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
not as bad as alternatives...dude...ive heard people who use eggwhites and sugar to keep up mohawks...imagine that in the summer...ohhh man...the flies r buzzing round that person...

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
your question isn't that strange... we actually discussed it back in March.https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000479.htmlyou'll find that thread here.I can understand why you'd think this was a unique subject, but you'd be surprised at the multitude of subjects that have been brought up before... don't want to nag, but can I recommend using the search function prior to posting any new topic? smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
just a question...whats the big deal about posting a topic that has already been covered...i mean...stuff changes...people learn new things...etc...i was just wondering whats the big deal???

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
hmmmmmm....Yep, you're right. new information is always coming to hand... people are contstantly going to and from this board.. everything is always changing.However, my point is that when something has been covered in the past, often it is more productive to use an existing thread to post your question to. Often great information is lost because people who have already posted information in the past may not be inclined to post again on a new thread, so everyone reading a new thread only gets less information than possible. I understand that people enjoy the attention that a new post provides them, but that isn't the function of this board.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey...here's my 2 cents...if it's even worth that...Never tried this one myself, but I have heard from many punkers that a simple formula of sugar and water does the trick. You keep playing till you get the right consistency. I would assume that it would wash out no problems too.You just might want to watch out for bees or something like that though. grinLove and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

beakermember
54 posts

Posted:
wear a hat
Non-Https Image Link
just a thought

C'mon baby light my fire

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
black and white is a little greasy - I use Trvoe Sorbie Wax or go for a clay type. The clay is expensive (around £20 a go) but will hold anyway you like for at least 24 hours. It's so strong you have to add shampoo BEFORE water otherwise it turns to glue!

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
wow ! Beaker, how did you do that smiley ????????????????????????????????shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

beakermember
54 posts

Posted:
go to 'mysmilies.com' and select a smiley right click on it cut and paste the link into a reply box and it will appear!!like this one did!
Non-Https Image Link
phil
Non-Https Image Link

C'mon baby light my fire

Ignitusmember
1 post

Posted:
I used to have huge gravity spikes, I styled them with LA Looks (5) and Elmers Glue! It ruled! I mixed the two, then put it all in my hair. Then I bent over and set the blowdrier pointing up. My hair would fall straight down and the blowdrier would blow the glue and gel dry... making VERY cool spikes. -Ignitus

Theomember
19 posts

Posted:
I'm growing my hair to get dreads but cos it's too short at the moment I'm just using a mixture of beeswax and seawater. There's almost no end to the things you can chuck in your hair, mmm, everyone here seen 'there's sumpfing about Mary'?

That is perfect. This is perfect. Perfect comes from perfect. Take perfect away from perfect, the remainder is perfect. May peace and peace and peace be everywhere. :)

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
FIRE!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
cooking gelatin smile

Nezzamember
8 posts

Posted:
Find someone from NZ, and get them to send you some stuff from The Warehouse. It's made by a budget company called "Tesco" and I swear it's the stuff that Johnny Bravo uses! And the best part? It is only $NZ4.99!!

The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done. - George Carlin

elliwmember
25 posts

Posted:
being a bit of a punker myself (well used to be) try soap. honest , just wet it a bit and smear it on when it drys it goes hard and stays up (god that sounded dodgey, but you know what i mean). its also a heck of alot cleaner than GLUE!happy spicking , ellie------------------little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.

little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
tryin no to be too crude. but , spank the monkey and you have instant free gel!perfect

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A