shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
What do you guys think would happin if I soaked my wicks then rolled them in copper dust? I am trying sparkley poi tonight w/ steel wool, I wanna try copper dust at the same time. maybe get colored sparks?

I smell something burning.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I don't want to be a party pooper or anything, but copper fumes are REALLY BAD FOR YOU. I really wouldn't sugest doing it. Sorry, but it is the truth. I wouldn't use any heavy metals.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
really? frown isnt steel wool a hard metal?

I smell something burning.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
steel (IRON, Fe) is a HARD metal, but not a HEAVY METAL. you know like Megadeth and Metalica.... no really, I mean like lead, mercury, uranium, copper. Aluminum is bad too, they find deposits of Aluminum in people's brains (soda cans???) and underarms (deoderant). stuff like that. your body can't really deal with heavy metals, they tend to get accumulated and you eventually become brain damaged and stuff. Your body actually contains alot of IRON (in your red blood cells) it is an esential component of the heme group in hemoglobin. But you can get to much iron in your body also (I think it is called jandice), or to little (anemic) however you spell it. In case you are wondering how the heck I know all this stuff, I am going to have a biology degree in three months (BS). I have a book at my house, i'll look up the spelling and fix it later. so, sufice it to say, I realy wouldn't go around breathing in that stuff (as in twirling it with fire) cause you might end up dead, or worse (retarded). if you realy have to do it, at least wear an army surpluse gas mask. they come real cheep, like ten to fifteen bucks. It should help alot, (theoreticaly)I don't think twirling a little bit of steel wool every now and then would be too harmfull though, as long as you don't do it very often, and as long as you don't smoke cigarettes. (Have you ever heard of iron lung? no pun intended) if you smoke, all those cilia (they look like like sperm tails)that clean your lungs get burned up and stuff accumulates in your lungs (like quite possibly iron atoms). Fortunatly if you stop smoking the cillia all grow back within about three months. Be careful people.PEACE LOVE FIREDanielWMF[This message has been edited by santanatwo (edited 07 September 2001).][This message has been edited by santanatwo (edited 07 September 2001).]

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!