adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
This stuff is hard to find--the only place I know of here in Austin that has it is a Chinese herb shop--but it really works and I recommend it. [image]https://www.crossroads.net/misc/chingwanhung.jpeg[/image] For example: one night I got two burns on one arm. I put some of this stuff on the worse of the two burns. The next morning, the treated burn felt fine--it still looked like a burn, but I couldn't feel it. The untreated burn did hurt. I don't know if it does anything to promote healing.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Oh sure you couldn't post this **before** I went to Chinatown in Toronto? winkThank Adam. Looks ike another good addition to the first aid kit. Question for you? Is it an ointment like neosporin or a burn cream?------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
It's a thick ointment. Thicker than Neosporin, and slightly grainy. It smells strongly of roasted sesame. Also, btw, the picture I posted is slightly larger than actual size (as it appears on my monitor, anyhow--YMMV). You only need to use a tiny bit.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
Those are rather easily found if you have chinese stores around you. We have it in the family all the time, along with several other ointments (that I never used, but guess I will sometime!)

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
Thanks for posting about this stuff. Next time I'm shopping around, I might add this to the 'ole first aid kit.One thing I do have in my fire safety kit is aloe gel. Aloe Vera plants have both cooling and healing properties. The gel from the leaves contains substances which stimulate the body's healing abilities, and it also keeps burns or scrapes or cuts moisturized. Fresh gel from a plant is always best. Love your plants and they'll love you.Peace.-Rick

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
Fresh Aloe is NOT hard to produce, given time. My mom has the stuff all over the house. Passing it out saying "here use this use this" smile