GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
~Helo smileJust wondering if anyone knows of any good online club swinging lessons?? Also, how much roughly would a set of stilts cost??CheersGoldenKrispy grin

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
try- "www.juggleart.com"Stilts start at about $500, Australian dollars that is.

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
i had a look, I had no idea they would be that price. $500 is like £250 to me!! frown I would have no way of ever buying a pair at that price, im living on student budgets u know!! hehe!! Would u say its a good idea to look for second hand pairs? Are they easy to make? I know this has nothing to do with poi, but i kind find anything with advice on it all yet. Any idea people???GoldenKrispy

Bassmanmember
95 posts

Posted:
I bought a pair of powerskips for $800 US dollars, but I also made a pair of stilts for free grin I have a pic: https://www.place.org/~nathan/images/Photo/stilts.jpg

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
Cool pic Bassman!! Nice Stilts!! So anyone got any more info on Club Swinging??Golden Krispy

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Bassman ,,can you give a little guide on how you made your stilts,, i know how to make em,, but not so i don't have to use my hand er anything

We are defined by the choices we make

Bassmanmember
95 posts

Posted:
Awlright. Well, I can't really make a complete guide because it's been a few years, but basically I just took some supplies from my parents shed in my back yard. I took some 2"x2"s and nailed them together to make a long pole from the ground up to my waist. I then took to small pieces of 2"x4" and nailed them to the 2"x2"s where the feet are supposed to go. Then I took a belt and attached it to the 2"x2"s with some bolts about where my waist is so that I could strap it around my waist to keep the stilts in place. Then I took bungee cords and tied my feet and legs to the stilts. A little bit crude I suppose, but it worked alright. I even spent an entire day wearing my stilts performing at an event. I know this isn't the greatest description. Did you want me to clarify anything in particular?Attaching stilts to your waist is not very common. Usually people have them attached below the knee. I could be wrong but I think it's actually harder to make them like that though cause if you do it wrong it puts a lot of pressure on your legs. Having a waist belt eliminates that problem.Oh, about the club swinging thing... I talked to Sean Gandini from the Gandini project not too long ago and he said he was working on a club swinging video and that it was going to be really good. I don't know when it will be out though.

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Alright thanks man,, i got a pair of stilts outside(if my dad didn't throw them out on me)So i'll have to give it a try tomorrow

We are defined by the choices we make

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi GK,I havn't found much about club swinging on line, so I plan to buy one of the club swinging books. Do a search, as there as are a few excellent threads on clubs at HOP.Other sites of interest include:https://ejmas.com/pt/ptframe.htm (A few articles here) https://www.alliancemartialarts.com/america-indianclubs.htmlhttps://www.indianclubs.com/
smile wink smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the links Stone!! I think i might actually have a look at my local libary and see if there are any books there!Seems your stilts were pretty eay to make bassman, i just wish i was any good at making things!! hmmmm... Bassman did u learn stilts by just getting on them one day? Or did learn the good old can method on your feet??Keep Smiling grinGolden