Forums > Technical Discussion > Clean air?? Smoke rings!!!!!!

Login/Join to Participate

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I did a performance out in the country a few weeks ago and the whole crowd kept talking about smoke rings that came off my staff when i did the fireball thing. No-one has ever mentioned it before, and I've certainly never seen them, but apparently there were half a dozen rings or coils of smoke that lingered well after the fireballs had blown out. Has anyone else ever seen this or noticed it? It was my first perfomormance in a "clean air" environment, as opposed to all my city gigs, maybe that has something to do with it? I'd love to hear from anyone who has seen these firsthand, I still have no idea what they look like...------------------Charles Dolbel

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I also never notice but Whipping Boy tells me that all my faire toys make interesting smoke patterns and that is part of what makes the daytime performances even more visually appealing, that it gives it an added factor beyond body motion and fire.I dunno though. I'll have to ask him.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
One of the Houston area fire breathers makes really good smoke rings when he does the short-puff type of blow. On windless nights, they can get to be several meters in diameter and last for minutes. We noticed this about 3 months ago.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
For out-door daytime shows I was looking into extra smokey fuel for an added visual flair. In times of bright light or bright background the flames can get lost. Using larger wicks can sometimes solve this problem, but I thought more smoke might too. Maybe mixing something to change the color of the smoke.It does add to the affect. It allows the trailing to be present in the day time. [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif">------------------[/image]Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson