bitslayerBRONZE Member

Posted:
Has anyone else noticed that the two main pages describing the 5 beat weave contradict each other?On https://www.homeofpoi.com/new14.htm
it says:You'll notice that the pattern for your right poi when doing 5 beats is 3 on your right and 2 on your left. #### IT'S FIXT NOW! -bitslayer ####In other words, the 3 is on the SAME side.While on https://www.homeofpoi.com/articles/beats.htm
it says:This is the weave (or chase) where each poi does two swings on its side and three swings on the other side of the body.I belive that there are actually two different tricks here. I can do the second one, but I don't think it is the same as the trick shown in the animation of the first page. (Unfortuanately it is not a real clear video)[This message has been edited by bitslayer (edited 08 August 2001).]

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
those seem the same to me... same,other/ left, right... whats the difference?

I smell something burning.

bitslayerBRONZE Member

Posted:
In the first one the 3 is on the same side and in the second the 3 is on the opposite side.

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
is that to say that a 3 beat weave with 2 beats on the left and 1 on the rightis a different move than 1 beat on the left and 2 on the right?

bitslayerBRONZE Member

Posted:
AFAIK, the 3beat weave is only done with 2 on the opposite side and 1 on the same side.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I see what you're saying, bitslayerI dont even see how the first one would work????

bitslayerBRONZE Member

Posted:
I don't either, but the video does look different from what I do. I think.

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
opposite side and same side...that makes no sence at all...in relation to what??? each other? they are both opposite to each otherand they are both same to themselves.

bitslayerBRONZE Member

Posted:
shizNOT wrote:>opposite side and same side...>in relation to what??? >each other? shizNOT, I am using the terms opposite and same to refer to which side the beat is on compared to the hand it is in. An opposite swing from the poi in your right hand would be on your left. Does that make sense?

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
It means:With your left hand go 3 beats on the left side, and 2 on the rightwith your right hand go 2 beats on the left and 3 on the rightthe first one is relative to your right handthe second is relative to your left hand

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17