Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Reading about LED poi, using photon II's seem the best option for me given price range/battery life/durability considerations... rav'n lights sound cool, but v pricey + apparently easily broken...so, 2 things:what colour? I am thinking either red, orange, turquoise or blue... but no idea really, suggestions? Red + orange have like 10 times longer battery life apparently.plus, where can I get the cheapest ones? On www.photonlights.com they are $19.95; do they come cheaper anywhere?Cheers for any input!------------------"O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!B l A c K i E

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
actually RAV'N lights are fair priced.the LED they use (3 chip) is pretty expencive alone...I got my RAV'N lights yesterday, I could not put them down. smile

I smell something burning.

Hairshortsmember
5 posts

Posted:
https://www.botachtactical.com/they
have them for super cheap. just search for photon.as for colors, i have a blue and a green. they look super cool when spun, very eye-catching, but i do wish the batteries would last a little longer. for that reason, i'm thinking of buying a red and an orange...they'll look nice and fire-like, plus they use half the batteries and they last 10 times longer. so i'd probably save money in the long run.for sure go with the photon ii's. they're extremely durable, except for the switch, which can break pretty easily. luckily they sell 4-packs of replacement switches for 3 bucks at www.photonlight.comgood luck, and have fun smilenate

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Hey I'm a student, gimme a break! I already spent like £90 on firepoi, much paraffin, and my firestaff! Not to mention my fluoro poi which were like £20, although I was ripped off :P

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Eck! Help...on the bt site:In order for us to process your international order, you must fax or e-mail a front & back copy of your credit card, valid ID, and signed copy of your order confirmation to 323/294-3542.I haven't got a fax machine...?

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
90 UKP for fire poi? Isn't that something like 150 US dollars? Are they gold plated or something? ;-)But I really do wish I had placed my order with Biotactical when the Ravin lights were on sale for US$19.95 and the Photon IIs were on sale for US$9.95 Grrr....-p.

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
£30 firepoi£30 firestaff£15 on paraffin (three bottles, due to heavy use wink)£20 for fluoro poiPlus some more because I (apparently) bent my friend's firestaff spinning it too fast and he made me pay for it, like £20, even though it wasnt broken. Bitch.oh and £25 for a zippo + fluid...makes £140 in total, ehhh...No wonder I skipped breakfast and lunch every day this week... and had no tube fare to get home last night... and now have only £5 in my wallet...[This message has been edited by Blackbird (edited 02 August 2001).]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
As I have said on another post, www.clubbertoys.com tell me they will be selling the Photon II's from the UK for around £15.00 including free uk delivery/