Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
Has anyone attached Sparklers to Poi before...I know it would be a short burn, but I think it would look pretty bloomin loveerley....If anyone has tried it can they let me know what happened and what kind of sparklers they used......or if it is a really stupid idea and I should 'get me coat!!'Or maybe there is a whole group of sparkeling poi'ers out there.....Laters funky peopleAnnie C

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
Uh oh. You're asking for a tongue lashing there young lady. It's been the topic of the summer so far. You might want to use the search feature under FAQ. Type in "sparkler" and you should find all the info you need. Good luck.

Fear the evil monkey!

Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
YUP lashed tongue indeed...found all of those fantastic tips....Thanks superfly...should a done that in the first place....a lesson learn'tMiss C

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
Sparkler poi are kinda like crack. They don't last long, and they aren't cheap, but they sure are fun! ;-)https://vees.net/gallery/display.phtml?id=1851&offset=87But my favorite thing about sparkler poi is that you don't need to worry about a fuel dump and you can spin them just about anywhere. I was hoping to pick up a few cases really cheap after July 4th, but I couldn't find any! Anyone know here I can get them cheap this time of year?-p.

AmberGOLD Member
48 posts

Posted:
i attach party sparklers to my poisometimes i light them first and then light my poi, after a while the sparkler bursts into lotsa sparkles, then it goes out. they never last long and sometimes they go out straight awayi've spun just the lit sparklersand when i dont light the sparkler first sometimes they'll catch alight off my poi, sometimes they wont.sparklers are very pretty smileor theres those other sparkly poi when you use steel wool.. but i've never used these.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!no further comments

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Sorry couldn't help myself, must be the nice day we're having...[Apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning, and flash, no apologies, you just have to suffer wink]Oh sparkly poi, how do I love thee?Let me count the ways...Thou art more lovely than plain old poi,and grander than any other fire toy,Your ends being sparklers, or steel wool for the hardy,I love thee to spark up at night,Even though you don't always light.By shellite, by kero, by firewater and all,30 seconds of fun, and then that is all.Burns and soot all of my life, and if the gods choose,I shall but photograph me, and post it to the web for all to see.Oh sparkly poi, how do I construct thee?Let me count the ways... tongue[This message has been edited by Ade (edited 02 August 2001).]

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Cute..but don't quit your day job Ade! winkI am sure Ms. Barrett-Browning is sufficiently rolling in her grave at this point! So...that being said...I will take on Shakespeare..."But soft..what light through yonder meadow breaksTis Sparkley poi and Zippo is my lightAlight fair sparkles and kill the envious poiWhose firey colors pale next to youThat thou, the sparkled, hath far more flare than sheBe not so brief, since your shine is brighterFire's colour is but sick and clearAnd none but fool's do recognise it; cast it offSparkly poi thou art my favored, O it is my love! "Okay, so none of this is true...since I love fire but it was fun to make up at this entirely too late to be wired on coffee as much as I am hour. Sparklies are fun, yup. The really brief duration sucks rocks, yup. And the best place I know to get them around here is on the local reservations that stock them in *very* limited quantities at will strip you bare to pay for them prices year round.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
A poem for my true love, Flash Fire... HaikuCry not sparkly poiapocalypse of steel woolquestions are endless

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug