Page:
TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Hey,have any of you tried those new photon lights called "RAV'N Lights"? Supposedly they use a tricolor bulb which either 'strobes' through the different colors (red, green, blue), or seamlessly changed between them ('ribbon'). Have any of you had any experience with either model? And idea of which one's better for spinning, or have any pics???

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

jamiemember
21 posts

Posted:
they are much much lighter, and does anyone know how long they last? i think one of mine is outa batteries but i duno, it could just be broken...

LiquidWavemember

Posted:
So the Botach Tactical.com, I guess it is for real, if this many people say they haven't gotten what they ordered, and in new condition. But I'm just confirming once more, it is for real?(it's just hard to believe, cause when i saw the price of the Photon II's, i almost fell off my chair. I thought they was definately some hidden fees, or something fishy going on in there. So anyone just reply and give me some more info. on this company.....thanx!

ReddevilBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
I ordered some from https://www.tripleaughtdesign.comfor
$24.95, still waiting for them though.seems they only sell them in U.SThough i did come accross quite a few sites that sold them.

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
Hey guysjust thought, alont the topic of lightstry https://www.cksauce.com/main.htmthey
are kinda cool tooi saw them, they look damn tighti ordered some, just gotta wrap some padding around them!

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

lusidmember
9 posts

Posted:
Hey Frodus! Where did you order cksauce products? From REI? I've only found the lightwand through them. I don't even know if they are selling the regular or mini one. Have you found anyone else who sells their products?? I'm getting ready to call all of the chain stores on their list but I know its going to be a pain so I'm hoping someone can give me a location. Thanks!

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
REI has the hand held onesI don't think they have the miniREI is the only place i've seen them onlineBUT hot topic sells them (at least the ones i've been to)REI is cheaperi bought 2 of the bigger (AA size) wandscheaper batteriesand built sturdierI want to work on another project using bright LED's and some Fiber optic i get for free at work!

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
I JUST GOT MY SAUCE LIGHT WANDS!!OH MY GODthese things are GREATgo to the sitethey are bad assthey have SO many optionsscrew the photonsaltho, i would get some padding to put around the wands, they MIGHT whack, but seem really strongof course, don't use them, unless u can poi without hitting the balls/lightsticks/fire and u should be oki'll take some pics soonmaybe even a moviepics:https://ledmuseum.home.att.net/photos/sauce.jpghttps://ledmuseum.home.att.net/photos/sauce3.jpggood product review at:https://ledmuseum.home.att.net/sauce.htm[This message has been edited by frodus (edited 04 August 2001).]

Alagonmember
14 posts

Posted:
Damn Damn Damn Damn Damn........I just got in contact with botach about my order and they said "We have not recieved your payment".But... on the 21st of July they told me they had recieved my payment and were now processing my order...So I've cancelled my order and the payment to them..After much searching I've managed to find a UK supplier of RAV'N lights.https://www.sebertool.co.ukHopefully I will have better luck with this lot. :

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey just found this site.I have been buying clubbing stuff from https://www.clubbertoys.com . They are based in the UK and tell me they will be selling the Photon RAV'Ns for around £25.00 each including free delivery.I suggest emailing them if you're interested,John

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Back from camp at last...Battery's ran dead on my RAV'N's there, so now only a faint red can be seen. I've had some problems with the battery contacts, and sending them back for repair/replacement. Well they work really well, but I noticed that their Photon II cousins are still FAR BRIGHTER. And I mean FAR BRIGHTER. So I'm thinkin' of investing $40 for 2 pairs of photon II's... oh, and i've had NO trouble from botachtactical.comBTai

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Does anyone know how much it costs(P&H)when you order ravn lights, over the net, to australia?

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
Well, here is a pic of my Sauce lightsthey turned out greatthis is just me waving them arounda friend took the pic with his digital camhttps://my.purerave.com/gallery/p/12011.jpghere are a few othershttps://my.purerave.com/gallery/p/12010.jpghttps://my.purerave.com/gallery/p/12012.jpghttps://my.purerave.com/gallery/p/12013.jpgnot bad for $15 USD

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Guys, I queried clubbertoys.com about botachtactical.com prices on Photon II's and they said:In response to your query concerning the very cheap Photon IIs, I have contacted the manufacturer and they assure me that this is a stockist who is blacklisted by them and most manufacturers, and will not be receiving Photon products in the future apparently. Anyway, we expect to have the Photon IIs up on our site in the next week at most. They are likely to be priced at £15.00 each including free delivery, with the Photon RAV'N torches available at £25.00 each.What are we to make of this...?------------------"O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Dubletruble,I ordered my ravn lights from botachtactical (they haven't arrived yet). They will cost me $148 Australian including shipping.Ouch! They'd better be worth it!Finn smile

Alagonmember
14 posts

Posted:
My RAV'N lights have arrived...There f#@??n' brilliant, much better than glowsticks..still havent heard anything from botach about me cancelling my order, buess they havent reached that e-mail yet. wink

poiboimember
2 posts

Posted:
I've had Rav'n lights for about 3 months now...and I don't perticularly like them. I've been doing poi for about a year now so you would cosinder me to be ok...but even for people that are ok to really good it can be a hassle.1st of all1. They're alot heavier then glowstix2. They break REALLY easily3. The strings often come lose and your lights fly off and hit sum1 or sumthing and breaks em4. You can't do certain stalls because of it's lenghth5. In raves...the battery only lasts 10-14 hours so you must change battery every rave. (Battery coasts more than glowsticks) (Glowsticks last longer than battery)6. Even with a protective rubber cover you can still break them easily7. If you hit yourself it hurts like a B!TCH8. etc. etc. etc. and the list goes on...my advice is if you really want to pay 50 bux to only practise at home, go ahead. But if you rave or swing really hard and energitic, or your a newbie, don't buy them.If you wanna see pix of these lights I have a website wif me doing poi. I'm doing it wif glowsticks and RAV'N lights...so you can see the difference between them...judge for yourself.https://www.geocities.com/poi_pix

ReddevilBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
Well i got my lights 1 week after i ordered them, they are a lot smaller than i thought and very light, so what i did is attatched a keyring to the bottom of my tenis balls, and if i want to use the lights i attatch them to the keyring, this way not only do you have the weight, but also they do not smack together because the balls are protecting them...good idea to wrap tape sround them though because the crystals come off easily...but anyway they are super cool..and so many people asked me what they were...i love them to bits

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Frodus, those Sauce lights look HOT! I was thinking of Rav'n lights but was detered by their faragility. Before I buy... any other testimonials for/against Sauce lights?

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
just got back from Reggae on the River, selling rav'n lights. from what i gather the batteries recharge themselves (?) 2 out of the ten ones i had had problems. they looked pink when still and when spun only showed red and green. you have to make sure the batteries are both securely under the little metal tab or it will do that. one of them i managed to fix but the other was just screwed up. the guy who i was selling them for said about one out of every ten is a dud. sooo cool though. i sold out within an hour, people complained about the price but bought them anyway!

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
I got a pair, cos I'm curious like that.Someone mentioned bubble wrap. and the word was good.The 'crystals', for those who haven't seen them, are 3D shapes made of clear plastic which clip onto the lights to make them look bigger. They work because the surface is grooved, so light reflects off the grooves creating a bigger source.But if you totally ignore the crystals, and instead wrap the lights up in a strip of bubble wrap (just wrap it round like kevlar wick on firepoi) secured with a rubber band, then you get the same reflection effect from the bubbles and layers, with the bonus that you can hit the lights / yourself, with almost no risk of damage. Actually, I reckon this goves a better effect than the crystals anyway, as the bubblewrap tube is a fair bit bigger, in my case anyway.Give it a gomikeyB

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
here's another pic of the cause light wandshttps://fbox.vt.edu/t/tgintz/caley/DCP_3322.JPGthe color change is smoother than the photon'smy friend had some of the rav'n lights and the switch is really hard to push sometimesthe light wands are fragile tho, i have YET to really swing themi'm gonna get some foam and try that out.peace

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Ordered some Photon Ribbons from clubbertoys.com here in the UK for £25.00 each at the weekend. Came today, pretty quick huh ? The are the best things ever as well.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I had the same problem that it sounds like a lot of you have experienced with the rav'n lights. Someone borrowed them, hit them together and knocked the batteries out. She tried to replace the batteries and afterwards one of the lights flashed red when not moving. The small tab that runs up the side of the batteries had been bent downward and was touching the lowest battery. When this happens its as if there is only one battery in the light so due to the lack of power the light flashes red. The tab should only contact the positive side of the top battery.when i tried to bend the tab back it broke. I had to unsolder the tab completely and resolder a very small wire (28gauge) in its place (be careful when soldering, it is very close to another connection, i suggest using a variable heat iron on low). I then melted a small groove inside the case for the wire to run to the top and soldered the other end of the wire to a small copper tab that i stole from a cheap flashlight(bulb contact) with the tab on the top(positive side) of the top battery i replaced the top and wrapped the light with electrical tape so it would not come apart again. If you have any questions email me at uk_import@hotmail.com. I hope this helps

atomicmember

Posted:
poiboi, i just have to interject here... not that im trying to be mean, but this is just stupid.
quote:
1. They're alot heavier then glowstix
b please. you cant be talking about standard sized sticks, photons are much lighter than they are. even if you are, the photon's smaller size would still allow for greater speed since there isn't as much wind drag. if your arm's cant handle the strain of photons, go twirl cotton puffs under a blacklight.
quote:
2. They break REALLY easily
fair enough, but i think there are ample solutions to safeguard yourself against the occasional mishap. tape and/or bubble wrap sounds like a great idea to me.
quote:
3. The strings often come lose and your lights fly off and hit sum1 or sumthing and breaks em
so since you can't tie a knot it makes these lights a bad idea? might i refer you to tieaknot.com for some help...
quote:
4. You can't do certain stalls because of it's lenghth
are you serious?perhaps the lighter weight would be a factor here, in which case you can add small weights to your setup, but the length of the tethers is determined by the user and has nothing to do with the light itself.
quote:
5. In raves...the battery only lasts 10-14 hours so you must change battery every rave.
hmm, 10-14 hours of solid twirling. you must be the twirling MASTA. id say that even the most cracked-out twirlmeister is going to go for no more than a cumulative total of 6 hours in one night. if you forgot to shut them off, its your own fault... m'kay?
quote:
(Battery coasts more than glowsticks)
fair enough.
quote:
(Glowsticks last longer than battery)
not at any reasonable brightness. 6 hours is about it for most glowsticks. if you're after a real show like i am, the 5 minute ones are good for about 20 mins, are an ugly color, and at least a buck-fifty each. i think RAVN's would still be a better bargain for your entertainment dollar. Most of this is subjective though, so im not pressing the point.
quote:
6. Even with a protective rubber cover you can still break them easily
so learn how to wrap. i would suggest a combination of duct tape (with a cutout for the switch) to keep the unit together, and a wrap of foam rubber or bubble wrap to cushion impacts.
quote:
7. If you hit yourself it hurts like a B!TCH
and glowsticks dont? i realize there is a higher density ratio for a photon, but its true for any photon style light. learn not to hit yourself, or wrap the thing as described so that it doesnt hurt itself or you.
quote:
8. etc. etc. etc. and the list goes on...
lets hear it. i want a thorough analysis of the product before i buy. it seems that most people have concluded that these things are chincy when it comes to quality, but that doesnt mean that they're a bad idea. it just means that you've got to use your noggin before you go tearing shit up.
quote:
my advice is if you really want to pay 50 bux to only practise at home, go ahead. But if you rave or swing really hard and energitic, or your a newbie, don't buy them.
thank you for your advice, really. your opinion is duly noted. however, i can't imagine that with the right prep work, that these things couldn't be made to be reliable and strong. this would depend on who is doing it of course, but really, we're talking about duct tape and foam rubber. how hard is that?anyone that can spin fire without lighting up like a pine tree ought to be able to handle these things in plain form without destroying them.
quote:
If you wanna see pix of these lights I have a website wif me doing poi. I'm doing it wif glowsticks and RAV'N lights...so you can see the difference between them...judge for yourself.
is there another page that im not seeing? it looks to me like you're comparing regular, single color photon's to glowsticks.twirl on...[This message has been edited by atomic (edited 06 September 2001).]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
So can i get a definitive answer: Strobe or Ribbon?

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I just got my lights from botach today. Took them 5 days. But I'm havin a problem. One of the lights doesn't seem to want to shut off. The other works just fine. The glowstick store is closed. And is raining outside so much for fire. What am I gonna do ahhh!! Hehe me thinks I'll just keep pullin the batterys when I want them to shut off------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
dude... i need the sauce lights...lol...where can i buy em???

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
EAK No more twirling the 60 dollar pretty lights. First night the battery cover flew off I managed to find it and the missing batterys at least smile------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Well - I saw Ravin lights being swung at Burning Man, and I have to say that I think Glowsticks look better. I think they are a bit gimmicky, and ppl should only buy them if they want to divert attention away from the fact that they cant twirl. Fire is cooler again tho smileJosh

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
i gotta agree with josh...fire is better...but i dont have the balls to try it out yet frown...lol./...but ravn lights do look nice...and they seem to be brighter and they alternate colors...so if sumone can infact twirl...it would look beyond kik ass...much as taidude showed us..

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

Page: