Page:
TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Hey,have any of you tried those new photon lights called "RAV'N Lights"? Supposedly they use a tricolor bulb which either 'strobes' through the different colors (red, green, blue), or seamlessly changed between them ('ribbon'). Have any of you had any experience with either model? And idea of which one's better for spinning, or have any pics???

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

ReddevilBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
I think its absolute bollocks what josh says, that you cant spin if you have rav'n lights...i think its a matter of taste, i myself can spin very well and prefer coloured lights to fire, so josh if you spin with rav'n lights does that make you any less better than you are with fire?i see people all the time at parties with fire, but still all the people come to me to say my lights are great.

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Josh get your foot outa your mouth. I bought these things cuz I was tired of dropping 10 bucks on glowsticks every weekend. When I spin glowsticks I don't give two shits if I screw up and wack myself or whatever. However when I spin these, I treat it with the same form and control as I do with fire. ------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Yeah come on Josh don't ya think that was a little harsh?I bought the lights cause I'm damn tired of breaking the sticks and feeling guilty for not using them for more than an hour at a time, then having to put them in the freezer.At least i can turn them off.I bought em and attached them to the end of my dead glowsticks then put enough bubble wrap aournd it to cover just the light,, taped it REAL GOOD. this thing won't budge.I've smacked my sticks a few times and everything is just dandy, not a problem yet. Also i was lucky enough to get 2 with not problems with the switches er anything,Oh and what are people talking about the switch to turn it on,, it's more of a button you gotta depress than a switch.Well worth the money for me since i'll use em practically every day.Oh also i got the ribbon kind,, sweeeet

We are defined by the choices we make

krystiemember
22 posts

Posted:
I got the Sauce light sticks a few weeks ago from REI, and I would say they are *definitely* worth the $30 (pr.)I like the many options you have, like changing colors slow or fast, or staying one color. I took them to my first burn on the beach, and for cleanup time I just set one to white light and hung it around my neck. It was the perfect flashlight!I don't have any padding or anything around them, and haven't broken anything yet. One of the battery cases came off, but that wasn't from twirling..On the subject of electric glowsticks, I bought a pair from www.glowstickfactory.com (about $6/ea.) before I got my Sauce sticks. The first problem with those is that there is no handle or anything. So I drilled a little hole for some wire, and after some tape and glue they were padded too. What worked well for that was some clear tubing. After a bit of trial and error, of course. I have some pictures, and if I get around to it I might post them here sometime. Has anybody else used those electric glowsticks?Kristen

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
I got an electric glowstick from Coltronixs(er sumthin like that). It actualy had the hole for strings on the top. I protected it with bubble wrap and spun it.It was strange cause it appears to be more of an 8 inch stick than 6. So wraps felt a little funny.The stick had chaising lights where the light moved from one end to the other, strobe, and solid. It's pretty good in the dark.i smacked the wall a few times and my other sticks but the bubblewrap protected it pretty well. Also the plastic around the tube seems to be solid to boot. for 14 it wasn't that bad of a purchase.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
can anyone spell novelty?Its novelty value guys.with glowsitcks, there are enough ppl swinging them that you have to be a good twirler to standout from the crowd (if thats what you are looking for) Ravin lights look different, but unless you can twirl, ppl will rapidly lose interest..hence my comments.hey - if you want to spin something that will draw a crowd and get comments, whack a couple of dildos on your chains. - or perhaps a pair of Southpark characters. winkIn the end by choosing ravin lights, you are looking for a way to 'look different' which doesnt involve you. you can sit there doing wonky side circles and all the e-tards* will go "wow oh my god you are so cool!" then they will see someone fall out of a tree and say "wow oh my god you are so cool!"Do your ravin lights help you express yourself, or are you going for novelty value?I accept the environmental reasons some ppl put forward - if rechargeable batteries are used...otherwise you are putting some nasty shit into the environemnt...dead batteries are not better than inert plastic (AFAIK, prove me wrong).Josh*E-tards; that group of ppl who take Ecstasy as an excuse to act like babies.[This message has been edited by [Josh] (edited 02 October 2001).]

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Fuck novelty. Personnel Preference.Like Fire--GlowGlow--electric.I got tired of feeling bad about using a glowstick for half it's life and having the other half in the freezer.With electric i can shut em off and use them for weeks.Also i do it because it relaxs me not because of the peoples reactions. And if i do do it infront of people it's because it makes me try harder not to mess up so i feel i get better at it as an art.Chill with the negative vibes man you messing up my mojo over here.

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
yeah...which ravn crystal is the best in ur oppinion...also...whats the difference?!...like..the smallest one and the largest one u can obviously see a difference in the color band length...but the middle one and the large one like virtually the same..anyone got pics for comparing??

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Well the larger ones are pretty much equal. But the larger the clear thing you have opn it the thicker the trail is.For instance i made a ball out of bubble wrap and stuck it on the end of the light and the ball acted like a giant RAV'N Crystal. It was better than the crystal because it doesn't break or anything,, but it looks funny when you stop or use them during the day because it just doesn't look like a normal glowstick anymore.

Page: