CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
yesssssssss ! "the knee thing" again ... we are all eager to know the very secret of "the knee thing".... ;o)Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Actually, as the picture clearly shows, she just dumps a bucket of gasoline on her head, lights it and runs around on her knees. It's pretty cool if you've never seen it live. The smell of burning flesh can get a bit rank though...--Mrmo, Vice-President "Knee thing Fan Club":P

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Yeah ! please explain Pele. this one really takes my breath away if I may say winkshine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Oh, stop yer begging!!! [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif">[/image] (That made me laugh)Like Mr.Mo said, I pour the gasoline over me, making sure to drink it liberally so I can sputter it about..... winkActually, it is my signature move...Begin by standing, mouth full of breathing fuel with the torch as close to 90 degrees above your head as you can get, deep breath and blow...however, when you blow let the force of it push you back, literally onto your knees and then onto your back. I can actually fold myself back and down so that my shoulders are on the ground and the heels of my feet are touching my hips in about 2 seconds, aspirating the fuel the entire time so that you are feeding the plume. What you see in the photo is before I fold onto my back. These blows tend to always be well into the double digits in length (height). People are amazed at the fire, the flexibility and it comes pretty close to the face. It is the one I end my shows with and the one that Pere gets groups chanting for!!! smileSo how many members in the Fan Club Mr.Mo? grin Glad you like the photo Malcolm, sometimes it is good to have things that make us look and look, it adds a bit of mystery in our lives! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 07 July 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Oh there's tons of us in the fan club... I dunno though, I may quit. It's getting a bit out of hand. It used to be just about the "Knee Thing" but now its getting all corporate and political. I remember when she opened for Nirvana at the Roxy, now she won't sign autographs, she won't return emails... Didn't I just see you in a GAP ad? wink

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug