Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
Banish the dangers of slippery stages forever with Coke!Just smear some of the sickly drink onto the soles of your shoes.Schticky winkI got this tip from a dancer, thats why dancers trainers are always so squeaky.Axis.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Good tip Axis, I actually perform in bare feet as I like the connection to the earth when I'm performing (even if on stage). What do other people wear (or not wear) on your feet when performing?ade

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
wow. nice question.I like to wear footwear when doing fire poi also enjoy the feel of grass on bare feet; so when i'm practicing with UV in the garden i sometimes go barefoot (Ades view-point has now intrigued me ). but other-wise i wear some hiking trainers. (comfortable, mostly fire and water proof) grin

kmactanemember
97 posts

Posted:
Ade asked: "What do other people wear (or not wear) on your feet when performing?"I wear Fluevog Angels. Sturdy, durable, stylish, and good soles. (Hell, the soles protect against Satan, they've gotta be good versus other stuff, right? smile )[This message has been edited by kmactane (edited 04 July 2001).]

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
EYUck! Being that I always go barefoot (shoes, ack) it would definitely make for a sickly experience. shocked Ill definitely keep it in mind for when I go to a club or something though.------------------We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.~Edgar Cayce

Wow

AmberGOLD Member
48 posts

Posted:
i love to firetwirl barefeet.but if its cold i'll wear my doc martens.

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
I love fire dancing in bare feet too. smileWhen it's cold I wear my Doc Martens. For performances I wear my knee high boots. Yep, the 'fuck me' ones! Not very practical in terms of comfort, but definate crowd pleasers! They go with the costume!Finn smile