daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
Hi,Two days ago I lit my poi for the second time, it was on a beach so I choose to spin near the sea where the sand is covered with a tiny film of water...It was great grin I could see the reflection of my wick running around my feet and my friend really enjoy the show (even if I'm not very good wink ) In fact the reflection was doing half of the job winkSo I was wondering if you, master spinners wink wanted to share your experience with reflections of anykind (glass-rain-fog-waterfall...etc) PS: sorry for my english frown

o]-[DasK]-[o

daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
...whoo too much smileys in that one...

o]-[DasK]-[o

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Spinning at the sea ... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! sounds real nice... too bad we dont have this in Paris ... lucky people from Britany !!!!!!As for me, and allthough I am FAR FAR FAR from mastering the wonderful art of spinning, I do a lot of fire spinning in a garden in front of a big window (damn it ... you know ? how do you call these windows which are actually also doors ???? frown) Anyway, it is quite amazing , as if two people where doing the exact same moves ...Sunny regardsshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
Hey Cassandra want to have a laugh grinI use: https://uk.altavista.com/trns
to translate "porte-fenêtre" (for the others:"these windows which are actually also doors " are called "porte-fenêtre" in French)So I click on translate and It gives me:"French window"another french nonsense after french yoghurt (don't remember how it's spell) and french-letters... etc

o]-[DasK]-[o

4,224 posts

Posted:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok, French window it is then .... winkcool reflection anyway ...thanks for the tip, I'll make sure I use that one (the "altavista baby" thing for translations...) next time, MERCI !take careShine onCassandra

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
from the architecture office ... we call (in english) a door with a wooden frame but which is mostly full-length window (as oppsed to an all-glass patio door) a french door...can be sliding or swinging. dont ask me why they call it that though...dammit Jim, i'm a zoologist, not an architect!Pere

4,224 posts

Posted:
welcome to the bulletin board of doors and windows winkthanks for your highlights though Pere and dask... feels nice to improve my english in good company and discussing great topics. smileshine onCassandra

daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
below this line it's forbidden to speak about french-door because we're not in the home-of-french-door here--------------------------------------------Let's talk about reflection now wink

o]-[DasK]-[o

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
well you'd probably get a better reflection from all glass patio doors than from a french door smileand yes, did it at the beach last nightt he reflection in the water is definitely cool.Pere

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I normally find myself staring and messing up when I pass by the side or rear of an suv. It's so neat to be able to see what the circles look like, Since I've never seen anyone do poi yet.

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC