CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Bonjour , good morning !!!tried fire eating yesterday during this one crazily long session of mine with friends and it felt real good. I did not dare to combine it with poi yet and was wondering if you could share your experiences with me on that. which are the nicest moves to combine with fire eating ? the butterfly ?shine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Fire eating (putting flame out in mouth)or fire breathing (blowing fire ball? confusedIf you mean fire breathing the there is a video of me combining poi and breathoing for a finishing move in the video section of this site.peace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Alrighty then....if you are talking combining fire breathing and spinning tools, well it can be done with just about any of them, from poi to staff, to fans and fingers I know it's been done and have done plenty myself.If you are talking spinning and fire eating at the same time...that should be interesting. The only thing I have done with poi is to light them off my tongue, or in NH I had one of the other fire performers light hers off my tongue. My poi heads are to big to put in my mouth at all, so there i am stumped.More things can be done with a staff...you can spin very slowly in a buzz saw type move over you and "lick" the flames, and depending on wick size you could probably put them in your mouth as well, doing the normal tricks, but again, my staff heads are too big for that.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
all right all right... Garbo, you're right .. I actually meant breathing ... damn it , I suck at english !! frownHowever, checked your video and it looks real real nice when you do it winkI'll give all that a try next time.Pele, as always you come up with things that sound real cool, but a bit scary for me... the picture of you with a flame on the tongue is rather breathtaking ... Many people asked me how you can do that BTW ...shine oneCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Sideshow JoeGOLD Member
A man with spectacular ideas but none of the funding to accomplish them
4 posts

Posted:
To throw some eating techniques in you could ignite the poi with a flame transfer... body or toungue.
You try a human candle too. If you go for the human candle the poi may or may not ignite if still wet.

Peace!

You say the customer is always right, I say your wrong, but since you say I'm right, then i'm right by your own admission so you are wrong!